Lawyer: Actor Tracy Morgan Struggling After Crash
NEW YORK (AP) — Tracy Morgan is struggling more than two months after he was injured in a motor vehicle crash that left a fellow comedian dead.
His attorney, Benedict Morelli, told NBC’s “Today” show Monday the former “Saturday Night Live” cast member is fighting hard.
Morgan suffered a broken leg and broken ribs when the limousine van he was riding in was hit from behind June 7 by a Wal-Mart truck on the New Jersey Turnpike.
The wreck killed 62-year-old comedian James McNair and injured two others.
Morelli has filed suit against Wal-Mart, claiming the retailer should have known the truck driver had driven 700 miles from his home in Georgia to work in Delaware.
The truck driver has pleaded not guilty to death by auto and assault by auto charges.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Bernice Gordon, Philadelphia Crossword Puzzle Constructor, Dies At 101
- ‘Binge-watching’ TV Shows Could Be A Sign Of Mental Illness
- While Pennsylvanians Like Punxsutawney Phil, Vast Majority Don’t Trust His Predictions
- Research Finds Homeowners Living Close To Starbucks Have Seen Property Values Skyrocket
- Report: Philadelphia In The Top 10 Cities For Property Crimes