Gloucester Township Man Faces Charges After Violent Domestic Dispute
CLEMENTON, N.J. (AP) — A man who allegedly threatened to kill a woman and fought with police officers at a southern New Jersey apartment complex is now facing numerous charges.
Camden County prosecutors say Gloucester Township police responded to a unit at the Cherrywood complex in Clementon around 11:20 a.m. Sunday, after receiving a 911 call about a fight. The officers immediately entered the unit after hearing a woman screaming and the sound of objects breaking inside.
They allegedly found 54-year-old Ronald McGrath of Clementon holding two large knives, one to the victim’s chest and the other to her leg. McGrath allegedly threatened to kill her and said the officers would have to kill him.
McGrath eventually dropped the knives. He’s charged with criminal attempted murder, making terroristic threats, criminal mischief and weapons offenses.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police Search For Endangered Missing Person With Dementia
- Unions Plan To Take Christie Administration To Court For The 3rd Time Over State Pension Funding
- Supreme Court Hears Affordable Care Act Tax Subsidies Suit Wednesday
- Community Cancellations: Wednesday, March 4th
- Camden County Police Department Mentioned In Federal Report