Cops: Pennsylvania Man, 55, Tried To Lure Kids With Candy
WASHINGTON, Pa. (AP) — A 55-year-old Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he tried to lure three children into his pickup by offering them candy if they’d help him find his lost dog.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Jerry Linn Zgorliski, of Canton Township.
State police say the suspect approached the children — who are 10, 8 and 4 years old — just before 9 p.m. Sunday in an alley behind his home.
Police say when the children refused to go with Zgorliski that he ran after and attempted to grab them. When that failed, he ran back to his house where state troopers say they took him into custody.
The suspect was sent to the Washington County Jail after he was unable to post $1 million bond. He faces a preliminary hearing Aug. 25.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Facebook Launches ‘Privacy Basics’ To Help Eliminate Confusion On Its Privacy Settings
- New Adidas App Allows Shoppers To Upload Their Photos Onto A Pair Of Sneakers
- Earlier School Start Times Result In Higher Crash Rates For Teen Drivers
- Study: Some States Are Fatter Than We Thought
- Jersey Shore Town Ranked Among The Smartest In The Country