WASHINGTON, Pa. (AP) — A 55-year-old Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he tried to lure three children into his pickup by offering them candy if they’d help him find his lost dog.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Jerry Linn Zgorliski, of Canton Township.
State police say the suspect approached the children — who are 10, 8 and 4 years old — just before 9 p.m. Sunday in an alley behind his home.
Police say when the children refused to go with Zgorliski that he ran after and attempted to grab them. When that failed, he ran back to his house where state troopers say they took him into custody.
The suspect was sent to the Washington County Jail after he was unable to post $1 million bond. He faces a preliminary hearing Aug. 25.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Record-setting Astronaut Peggy Whitson Retires; Spent 665 Days In Space During 32 Year Career
- Study Expects $15.3 Billion Dollars To Be Spent On Father’s Day
- Father’s Day Run Raised Money For Sidney Kimmel Center’s Prostate Cancer Program
- Authorities Investigate Hit-And-Run On Native American Reservation Involving Border Patrol
- 5-Alarm Inferno Injures 20 Firefighters On Staten Island