By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 2 Men Open Fire On Officers In North Philadelphia
- NFL Owners Are Not Happy With Trump’s Rhetoric
- Notebook, Pencils, Guns? PA Legislature Halfway To Arming School Staff
- Real Life Catholic Host Chris Stefanick To Make Stop In Philly
- ‘Weigh The Risks’: Concussion Specialist Offers Advice To Parents Of Young Athletes