By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- The Politics Behind Michelle Obama’s Christian Siriano Dress
- Elizabeth Warren Takes A Side In Philly Cheesesteak Debate
- Presidential Hair On Display At Philly Museum
- ‘Bernie Or Bust’ Group Rallies Strong, One Day After Sanders Addresses Delegates At DNC
- After Tweet, Sen. Cory Booker Says He Prays For Donald Trump