Local Children’s Hospital Will Soon Be Even More User Friendly
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Former Daycare Operator Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Drowning Death Of 7-Year-Old Boy
- Annual Archbishop’s Christmas Benefit For Children Marks Its 58th Year In Philadelphia
- 26 Charged In Theft Ring In NJ And NY That Sent Cars To Africa
- Phila. Archbishop Delighted With Pope’s Role in US-Cuba Normalization Efforts
- Area Man Draws Life Sentence For Sex Trafficking 3 Women, One A Minor