By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Jersey Taxpayers May See ‘Slight Delay’ In Getting Back State Tax Refunds
- Closing Arguments Begin In Market Street Building Collapse Trial
- Study: Jet Lag Significantly Affects Performance Of MLB Players
- EMS Response Times Improve In Camden After Cooper Takeover Of Ambulance Services
- Researchers: Cutting Calories May Help Monkeys Live Longer