By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police Officers To Deliver Thanksgiving Meals To Families In Need
- Dog Attack Leaves Person Hospitalized
- SEPTA Urges Riders To Watch Their Step
- Eagles, James Taylor And His All-Star Band Announce 2018 Tour Stop In Philly
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Becomes Best Selling Album Of 2017 In Just One Week