By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A local hospital will soon have more convenient access to services for families.
The Center for the Urban Child opens next month at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Dr. Lee Pachter, chief of the section of general pediatrics says it will be a new 30,000 square foot medical building with medical and social services together.
“We’ll be able to address issues such as parenting classes, food insecurity. We’ll have the ability to provide families with prescriptions to purchase low cost fruit and vegetable packages at the hospital. We’ll also be able to provide social services.”
He says consolidating services makes it easier for families to get everything they need.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Taxi Drivers Clog Center City Protesting Uber
- Some Pa. Lawmakers Look To Establish High School For Students Recovering From Substance Abuse
- During Cold Snap, Project HOME Employees Work Hard To Make Sure Homeless Have Shelter
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Opens New Bone Marrow Transplant Outpatient Facility
- Camden County Promises Cooper River Dredging To Be Finished On Time