Man Charged With Killing Caseworker Moved To Prison
By Justin Udo
DARBY, Pa. (CBS) — The man accused of killing his caseworker and causing a Delaware County medical center to be put on lockdown is out of the hospital and in prison.
It was just a few weeks ago when 49-year-old Richard Plotts allegedly shot and killed his caseworker on the Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital campus.
Authorities say Plotts also shot his psychiatrist, who in turn shot him.
Since then, Plotts has been at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania receiving treatment for his wounds.
Now, he’s in the Delaware County prison where he is waiting to be arraigned on homicide and other charges.
His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday.
Top Content On CBSPhilly
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Recalling The Golden Age of Travel to Bermuda
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Philadelphia’s New Springtime Restaurants
- Investigators: Police Shoot Man Allegedly Stabbing Father In Hamilton Township
- Pa. Has Its Own Religious Freedom Act, But It Differs From Indiana’s In Major Way
- Hostages Held Captive By Fellow Firefighter Describe Frightening Moments