Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Pa. Agency Ruling Could Mean Home-Delivered Beer
- Hundreds Gather For Rally To Support Police In Northeast Philadelphia
- Authorities File Charges In Alleged False Report In Bradley Stone Search
- Police Deliver Holiday Meals To Families In Camden
- Investigation Underway After Hackers Attack Pine Forge Academy, Demand A Million Dollars
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Montco Zoo Scrambles When Reindeer Isn’t Quite Ready For Holiday Photos
- Jerry Sandusky Is Denied $4,900-A-Month Pension
- With One Notable Exception, Pa. High Court E-Mails Get Clean Review
- For The Designated Family Chef, Holiday Is Lots of Work — But Worth It, Most Agree