By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Missing Philadelphia Woman Found Dead In Poconos
- Verne Troyer, Mini-Me From ‘Austin Powers’ Movies, Dies At Age 49
- Double Homicide, Triple Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 1 Injured In North Philadelphia
- Mayor Jim Kenney Speaks At Unveiling Of New Civil War Memorial
- Queen Elizabeth II Celebrates Her 92nd Birthday
- Dutch Town’s Bell Tower Plays Avicii Songs As A Tribute To The Late Swedish Artist
- ATF Recovers Explosives Stolen From Worksite In Lancaster County
- NASA Shares Stunning Images To Celebrate Hubble’s 28th Birthday
- 8-Year-Old NJ Girl On A Mission To Save Toys “R” Us
- Second Marijuana Legalization Hearings Held At Rowan University