By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Wilmington Police Seek Suspect After Alleged Daytime Sexual Assault
- Dad Mocks Daughter’s Social Media Selfies
- Preparations Kick Into High Gear For Philly’s 4th Of July Celebration
- Lady Gaga, Lenny Kravitz And DJ Jazzy Jeff To Perform In Camden For DNC Concert
- DNC Host Committee Offers Interactive Festival Celebrating Political History
- Philadelphia About To Lose Iconic Piece Of Street Art
- Summer Learning Program Encourages Students To Explore Wonders Of Science
- Atlantic City Council President Wants To Shrink Size Of City Council
- Philadelphia Church To Host Training Sessions, Special Event For DNC Protestors
- Prison Replacing Graterford Is Cause For Concern From Jewish Community