Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- New Jersey Community Using Fish To Curb Mosquito Problem
- Cops: 2-State Chase Began Over Warrant For Stolen Underwear
- Philadelphia Police Seek Public’s Help In Finding Bank Robbery Suspect
- Chester County Shopping Center Getting Major Makeover
- Jury Hears Murder Trial In Death Of Man Who Responded To Craigslist Ad In West Oak Lane
- Peace Week Aims To Stop The Violence By Influencing Philadelphia Youths
- Project To Get Black Men To The Voting Booth, Through The Barber Shop, Gets Knight Funding
- SEPTA: Regional Rail Tickets For Papal Visit To Go On Sale Monday By Lottery
- Acquitted Officers Sue Mayor, District Attorney And Police Commissioner, Claiming Defamation
- Temple Hospital Releases Final Patient Injured In Deadly Train Derailment