By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- NJ Home Depot Employee Knocked Unconscious During Robbery Attempt
- Public Memorial Announced For Fallen Wilmington Firefighter Ardythe Hope
- Police: Elderly Man Dies Following Lower Merion Hit & Run
- Chef Credited With Inventing General Tso’s Chicken Has Died
- Haddon Township To Honor The Life Of Brendan Creato
- NJ Teen Who Climbed World Trade Center Faces New Stunt Charges
- Quest For NJ Cop Killer In Cuba Continues Despite Castro’s Death
- Holiday Music By Philadelphia Legend To Hit The Stage
- Philly Nonprofit Raising Money To Raise Reading Levels
- Philadelphia Principals Union Has New Leadership Team