By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Move Over Apple! Scrapple Pies Top Seller At Jersey Shore Shop
- Authorities: Off-Duty Cop Kills Man Who Tried To Take Gun
- 2-Year-Old Hit By Car, Killed In West Philly
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Don’t Breathe’ Beats ‘Suicide Squad’
- First Day Of School For Some Montco Students
- Effort To Preserve Beloved Chester County Farm
- Thai-Rolled Ice Cream Growing In Popularity
- New Aviation Rules May Make Drones More Popular
- Reward Doubles In Shooting That Killed Camden Girl
- Made In America Road Closures Throughout Week Announced