By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Gas Main Struck In Clifton Heights
- Bradley Cooper Was At The DNC — And Some People Are Not Amused
- Chaotic Scene Outside Wells Fargo Center After Protesters Breach DNC Security Fence
- DNC Wraps Up Tonight With Hillary Clinton Officially Accepting Nomination
- Donald Trump: Russia Hacking Comments Were ‘Sarcastic’
- Elizabeth Banks Puts Together ‘Fight Song’ For Hillary Clinton
- Chelsea Clinton Will Testify To Her Mother’s Credentials
- KYW Newsradio Presents: Dems After Dark: Day 3
- Movie Review: ‘Bad Moms’
- President Obama Backs Clinton During DNC: ‘No One More Qualified’