By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Small Plane Crash At Montgomery County Residence Leaves 1 Injured
- Philadelphia Holds Annual Puerto Rican Day Parade
- Merkel Gets Fourth Term, German Voters Deliver Far-Right Surge
- Two Women Shot Overnight In Philadelphia
- Eagles Fans Speak On Trump’s NFL Comments
- Shooter Kills One, Wounds 7 At Tennessee Church
- Eagles Make Statement During National Anthem
- About 2 Dozen NFL Players Take Knee During National Anthem In London
- Eagles Fans Flock To South Philly For Home Opener
- Stevie Wonder Takes Both Knees ‘For America’ After Trump NFL Remarks