By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Former Drexel Neurologist Faces Sex Allegations In 3 States
- WEATHER BLOG: Heavy Winds Can Make For Hazardous Travel
- Thousands Run Through Heavy Winds At Philadelphia Marathon
- Police ID Gunman Sought In Slaying Of Pennsylvania Officer During Traffic Stop
- 3 Injured In Shooting Outside North Philly Sports Bar
- Philadelphia Car Museum Brings Home Gold For Second Time
- Philadelphia Church Celebrates 225 Years Of ‘Legacy, Faith, Hope’
- Stockton University To Host Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch
- New CDC Figures Show High Vaccination Rate For Philadelphia Children
- New App Teaches Deaf to Pray