Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Upcoming Puerto Rican Day Festivities Prompt Warning From Philadelphia Police
- Corbett, Wolf Prepare For First Debate In Pa. Governor’s Race
- Road Work Closes Ramp From Spring Garden Street To WB Schuylkill Expressway
- State House Set To Vote On Cigarette Tax To Fund Philly Schools
- Three Shot, Wounded During Cookout In Kingsessing
- Man Critical After Police-Involved Shooting In West Philadelphia
- Police Investigate Fatal Port Richmond Double Shooting
- University Of Delaware Students Robbed At Gunpoint
- Local Demonstrators Raise Awareness About Climate Change In NY
- Mostly Boos For Jackson In Return To Philly