By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Kane To Announce Plans For Next Chapter In Porn Email Saga
- Philly Mural Of Pope Francis Seeks World Record
- Officials: 3 Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide Inside Montgomery County Home
- CBS 3 Goes Behind The Scenes For Amazon’s Busiest Day Of The Year
- Vehicle Crashes Into Starbucks In Chester County
- New Jersey Lawmakers Debate Bill That Would Require Recess In Schools
- Montgomery County Swimmer Is SI’s Sports Kid Of The Year
- Target’s Website Crashes On Cyber Monday Due To “High Traffic”
- PSE&G To Pump $55M Into Utility Upgrades In Camden
- Pennsylvania’s Deer Season For Hunters With Rifles Starts