Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Cast Members From Stage Musical Dirty Dancing Teach Dance Class At Local High School
- Mitchell & Ness Unveils Top-Selling Throwback Jerseys By State
- Debate Over NJ’s New Standardized Test Shifts From Classroom To Legislature
- Philadelphia School District ‘Lump Sum’ Budget Getting OK’d Despite Funding Holes
- Police Investigate Possible Abduction In Fairmount
- Philadelphia Coffee Shop With a Mission: Helping Former Foster Kids Bloom as Adults
- Police: Pa. Mother Faked Cancer During Child Abuse Investigation
- Trial Ordered for Man Charged With 2 Pennypack Park Rapes
- Police: Suspects Steal iPhone, Gift Cards From 2 Females In Northern Liberties
- Police in Delco and Philadelphia Swoop Down on Alleged Bank Fraud Gang