Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Philadelphia Daily Newspapers Agree To Contract Extension, But Strike Could Still Be Coming
- African American Civil War Veterans Honored At Dedication Ceremony In Camden
- Rebuilding Begins After Fire Damages Surf Shop In Ocean City
- Fire At Refinery In South Philadelphia Placed Under Control
- Officials: Broken Rail Disrupts Train Service On The Main Line During Morning Rush Hour
- Several People Hospitalized Following SEPTA Bus Crash In North Philly
- US Education Secretary Visits Philadelphia, Touting Summer Jobs For Youth
- New N.J. State Police ‘Ghost’ Cruisers Drawing Ire and Praise
- For Bird Banders Atop Philadelphia City Hall, Swooping Talons Are Just Part of the Job
- Lower Bail Rejected as Accused Driver Waives Hearing in North Phila. Hit-Run