Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- New Machines Create Custom 3D Designs In Coffee Foam
- Today Marks 50th Anniversary Of Nation’s First Public Demonstration For LGBT Rights That Took Place In Philadelphia
- Slot Machine Revenue In Pa. Moves Up Slightly
- City Officials Warn Don’t Bring Too Much Stuff To Fourth Of July Events
- Police Arrest Suspect Who Shot Camden County Officer
- Philly Pops Play Free Concert To Celebrate July 4th In Old City
- Under New Policy, PPD Releases Names Of 2 Officers Involved In Shooting
- Pols: NJ Casino Expansion Vote Likely Not Happening In Fall
- Philadelphia’s Fourth Of July Celebration Underway
- Pioneers Of The LGBT Rights Movement Reflect On Their History