By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Arkansas Executes 2 Inmates On The Same Gurney, Hours Apart
- This Exercise Could Give You More Energy Than Coffee, Study Shows
- 1 Injured After Flames Break Out In Delaware
- Group Of Nuns Being Forced To Relocate From Delaware County Convent
- Crews To Take Down 600-Year-Old Tree In New Jersey
- ‘Pot Party’ Warehouse In Frankford Closed Due To Fire Code Violations
- Philly Police: Teen Shot In The Eye By His Best Friend
- Harvard Researchers Find Copy of Declaration of Independence
- West Chester Brothers Brewing Coffee With A Twist
- Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal Has Hearing In Hopes To Overturn Previously Denied Appeals