By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- States Pushing Insurers To Provide Cost-Free Vasectomies For Men
- Former President George H.W. Bush, Barbara Bush Hospitalized
- Philadelphia’s Archbishop Launches Annual Catholic Charities Appeal
- Christie Talks Candidly About Not Being Part Of Team Trump
- Citing Grizzly Bears, DeVos Says States Should Determine School Gun Policies
- Stumbling Cell Phone Suspects Sought In Philly
- CBS 3’s Own Ukee Washington Makes Cameo In Latest M. Night Shyamalan Movie
- Dog Licks Family Members To Save Them From Burning Home In Philly
- Temple To Rename School Of Media And Communication After Philly Broadcast Pioneer Lew Klein
- Brotherly Love: Helping the Community Despite Disability