By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Delaware Apologizes For Slavery
- Temple Doctor Comes Up With Way To Use Cadaver DNA To Teach Med Students About Genetics
- More Money Budgeted For PA Schools? Leading Lawmaker Weighs In
- Movie Review: ‘Deadpool’
- A Local Studio Is Offering The Unique Combination Of Yoga And Beer
- Pizza Shop Owner Fights Drug Use With Pizza Boxes
- LeSean McCoy Refuses To Address Nightclub Brawl
- Teresa Giudice Hosts Book Signing In Glassboro
- Officers Save A Life In Montgomery County
- Soldier Comes Home And Surprises Son At School During Fake Assembly