By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Police Shoot Man Believed To Be Involved In Stabbing Of 2 Juveniles
- Future Of Cable And Internet? In Philly This Week, It’s Right Around The Corner
- Group Of Breast Cancer Survivors Pens Book To Empower Others
- App Promises To Help You Find The Perfect Sperm Donor
- Study: Racial Bias Might Start As Early As Preschool
- Child Care Now Costs More Than In-State College Tuition
- ‘America’s Toy Scout’ Comes To Town Seeking Treasures
- Woman Attacked By Man Wielding Two-By-Four
- Embattled PPA Director Fenerty Resigns Amid Scandal
- Research Links Contraceptives To Increased Risk Of Depression