Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Phila. Orchestra Patrons Join Musicians In A Sing-Along For Music Director’s Birthday
- Atlantic City Decides Not To Apply For $9 Million Grant; Prepares To Lay Off 50 Firefighters
- Casino Appeals Ruling Favoring Trumps In Name Lawsuit
- Reports: Attorney General Approves Prosecution of Sen. Menendez on Corruption Charges
- Dan Aykroyd Announces He’ll Donate To Fund For Slain Officer At Philadelphia Flower Show
- Officials In Montgomery County Searching For Suspected Murderer
- Pa. Gets Green Light To Sell 12-Packs Of Beer
- Philadelphia Police Department Establishes Trust Fund For Family Of Officer Killed
- Cops: Baby Left Alone Starves After Mom’s Suspected Overdose
- Local Church To Hold Prayer Service For Officer Killed In Shootout