By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Footage Captures Waterspout Form In Cumberland County, New Jersey
- Massive 926-Pound Mako Shark Caught Off New Jersey Coast
- Festival Celebrating Tibetan Culture Takes Over West Philly Park
- Ocean City Woman Strangled To Death, Autopsy Reveals
- Study: Driving Too Much Reduces Intelligence
- Christie Signs Law For Stricter Punishment For DUI Drivers
- Autopsy Slated In Death After Shooting In Hatfield Township
- Rookie From New Jersey Wins World Series Of Poker, $8.1M
- Police: 9 Dead In Truck, 20 Dire In Immigrant Smuggling Case
- 1 Dead, 1 Critically Injured In Philly Double Shooting