By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Egg Harbor Township School Board Rejects Transgender Policy
- Man Trapped In Car For 5 Days Survives After Drinking Own Urine
- Philadelphia Says Beverage Tax Has Created Over 250 Jobs For Pre-K Program
- Doctors Remove Nearly 200-Pound Cyst From Woman’s Stomach
- Police Investigating Fatal Crash In Hamilton
- Baby Makes ‘Rock’ Sign During Ultrasound
- Church Brings Ash Wednesday Traditions To Busy SEPTA Station
- Pepsi To Eliminate 80-100 Positions In Philadelphia Following Beverage Tax
- Oprah 2020? Winfrey Won’t Rule Out Running For Office Thanks To Trump
- Weather: Severe Storms Expected To Move Through Region Wednesday Afternoon