Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- With The Euro Costing Less These Days, Your Dollar Value Will Take Your Farther Than Before
- Christie Making Third Foreign Trade Trip In Past Year
- Little-Known Philly Tech School Rapidly Growing
- The Auto Show Is Here And It Really Is A Tool For Consumers
- American Bible Society Moving National Headquarters To The City Of Brotherly Love
- Board That Will Rule On Philly Water Rates About To Become Reality
- Survey: Philadelphia International Airport One Of The Happiest In The Country
- Snow, Ice & Rain Sunday Night & Monday
- Bensalem Officer Dies During 5K Run In Northeast Philly
- Thousands Show Up For Day 1 Of Philadelphia Auto Show