Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Study: E-cigarette Use Rising Rapidly Among Teens
- Truck Carrying Human Waste Collides With Another Truck, Resulting In Fiery Crash In Lower Providence
- Child Injured In House Fire In North Philadelphia
- Two-Day Visit Of Pope Francis To Philadelphia Has Two-Fold Purpose
- Police Investigate Home Invasion In Tacony
- City Council To Investigate Whether Suburban Real Estate Brokers Are Skirting Taxes For City Properties
- Pennsylvania Attorney General To Get Chance To Argue Against Judge’s Contempt Hearing
- Continuing Road Work Along Northeast Extension Could Impact Summer Travel
- Philadelphia Hotel Rooms Get The Once Over By DNC Planners
- Therapists Using Mirrors To Help Heal Stroke Victims