By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Phoenixville Man Arrested For Stealing Funds From Daycare He Was In Charge Of
- Gaming Expansion Fails First Votes In PA House
- American Revolution Museum Construction Unearths Artifacts
- App Leaves Jersey Shore Chores To Someone Else
- Two Games Collide At The Linc
- South Jersey Man To Graduate Med School Despite Disability
- Philadelphia Principals, School District Come To Agreement
- Solar-Power Plane To Make Stop Near Philly
- ‘Free The 6-Pack’ Wolf Pushes Gas Pedal On Letting Stores Sell Gas And Beer
- TSA Warns Travelers Be Prepared During Busy Travel Season