By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Getting An Accurate Count To Help Combat Homelessness
- Police: Two Juveniles, Ages 12 And 13, Among Those Injured In North Philly Quadruple Shooting
- Philadelphia Chef Prepares To Mix It Up Super Bowl Weekend At NFL Cook-off
- Deal To End Government Shutdown Receives Strong Reaction From PA ‘Dreamers’
- Former Staffers Plead Guilty For Spreading Nude Images Of Lawmaker
- At College Speech, Gorsuch Stresses Need For Civil Discourse
- Mayor Kenney Declares ‘WWE Royal Rumble Week’ In Philly
- Die-Hard Eagles Fans Road-Tripping To Minneapolis For Super Bowl
- Pediatricians: Child’s Diet In First 3 Years Greatly Impacts Mental Health, Brain Development
- Murphy Orders Review Of Medical Marijuana Program