Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Family Fun, Education At Annual Fire Safety Exposition And Muster
- Exhibit To Feature Snapshots Taken On “Philly Photo Day” Across The City
- PSU Club Uses Technology To Make Prosthetics For Kids
- Delco Students Raising Chickens, Selling Egg
- National Adoption Award Goes To Camden County Couple
- State Budget Standoff Has Philadelphia School Officials Eyeing Calendar
- Search Called Off After Report Of Stroller Thrown Into Water In Del.
- Police: 3 Robberies In About 40 Minutes In Society Hill
- Storms Causes Damage In Chester County
- Power Outages Reported Across The Area