Holy Family Nationally Recognized As Affordable University
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Preparations In Final Stages For Made In America
- Oh, I Think That I’ve Found Myself A Song Of The Summer
- Money, Laptops Taken In Strawberry Mansion Home Invasion
- New Exhibit At Local Church Celebrates Pope’s Visit, Features Work By Deathrow Inmates
- City Officials Using Made In America As Dress Rehearsal For Papal Visit
- South Jersey School Community Mourns Loss Of Student, Teacher Killed In Crashes
- Police: Pregnant Woman, Man Shot In Frankford
- Reported Missing Philadelphia Teen Located
- Local Marine Speaks Out After Ronda Rousey Accepts Invite To Marine Corps Ball
- Camden Community Charter School Gets New Multi-Million Dollar Learning Facility