By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A small, local university receives top honors as being one of the best bang-for-your-buck schools in the country.
Money Magazine ranks Holy Family University in Northeast Philadelphia as 4th on its value all-star list.
“We’re in our 60th year and I think many of those years our value has been recognized by our community, but to have this go out nationally is really gratifying to us,” says Holy Family President, sister Maureen McGarrity.
She says as a small school they try to remain affordable and student friendly:
“The students have a tendency to develop very very strong relationships with our faculty. I think they appreciate that are presented to them that opens new worlds to them.
The list ranks its value all-star schools by student loan default rate, graduation rate and earnings of graduates.
La Salle University also made the list — they rank 8th.
- Officer Injured Following Crash In Philadelphia
- Storytelling Benches Return To Historic Philadelphia
- Police Investigating Suspicious Death Of Infant
- Parks Department Announces Rocky Statue Will Be Down & Out For 2 Weeks
- Police Searching For Suspects In North Philadelphia Armed Robbery
- Community Group Protests PennDot Decision To Remove 3 Traffic Lights
- SEPTA To Increase Fares July 2017
- Private Service, Public Viewing For Cornell Planned Friday
- Candy-Flavored Smokes, City’s New Target In War On Teen Smoking
- Bottle Cap Creator Crown Holdings Plans To Move HQ Out Of Philly