PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Police: 325-Pound Woman Kills 9-Year-Old Cousin After Sitting On Her As Punishment
- Pa. Senators Hear Pros, Cons Of Philadelphia Beverage Tax
- Police: People Struck By Car At Bus Stop Outside Hospital
- Passenger Says Delta Crew Stopped Her From Singing Anthem On Flight Carrying Fallen Soldier
- Opioid Deaths Reportedly Down In State With Legal Marijuana
- Philadelphia Firefighter Honored With 2017 Firefighter Of The Year Award
- U.S. Takes On Japan In Highly-Anticipated Giant Robot Battle
- Police: Woman Charged With Murder After Drowning 2 Young Boys In Bathtub
- Warrant: Mother Put Toddlers In Oven, Turned It On
- Royal Baby: Duchess Of Cambridge’s Due Date Announced