PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Camden School District Honors Alumni
- NJ Museum Event To Teach STEM…With A Little Fun
- Police Searching For Suspect Following Hit & Run In Kensington
- City Council President Proposes Regulatory Reform To Make Philly More Business-Friendly
- Police: Man Assaults 60-Year-Old Mother With Pork Chop, Head-Butts Her
- Muslim Man Raises Money To Repair Jewish Cemetery
- Some Heartburn Medications Could Be Causing Kidney Damage
- NJ Authorities Seek Man They Say Committed Lewd Act While Hiding In Bushes
- 3 On Your Side: Etiquette Classes For Millennials
- Atlantic City Police Save Man From Burning Car