Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Knotty Exhibit Planned For Pope Symbolizes Life’s Challenges
- The Unofficial Start of Summer Arrives in South Jersey With Weather Officially Glorious
- Woman Sexually Assaulted, Robbed In South Philadelphia
- At Korean Memorial, Remembering the ‘Forgotten’ War and One Long-Missing Soldier
- Man Reportedly Shot In The Head In North Philadelphia
- Media, Pa. Marks Memorial Day In Its Traditional Fashion
- Woman Reportedly Stabbed Multiple Times By Daughter In Frankford
- Luxury Rittenhouse Square Condo Highrise Without Power, Water
- Graduation Spending At 10-Year High
- Firefighters Battle Row Home Blaze In Port Richmond