Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Boy Scout Board Approves End To Blanket Ban On Gay Adults
- Tree Falls In Elkins Park, Knocking Out Power For Some Residents
- Township In Bucks County Declares State Of Emergency For Weekend Of Pope’s Visit
- Governor Wolf Continues To Work On Gaining Support For His Budget Plan
- Mayor Nutter Asserts Papal Visit Security Maps Online Are False
- Gov’t: Fiat Chrysler Must Offer To Buy Back 500,000 Pickups
- Plaster Falls On Prospective Penn State Students
- Homemade “Pope-Themed” Products On Sale To Benefit Homeless Non-Profit
- Study: Philadelphia-Area Has Nation’s 7th Lowest Credit Card Debt Burden
- Police On The Hunt For Driver In Deadly Hit-Run Crash In Juniata Park