PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Abortion Bill Sent To Governor Wolf; Veto Promised
- Philadelphia Boys Choir To Sing Holiday Classics For Christmas Morning
- NTSB: Captain, Bad Safety Culture Caused Loss Of El Faro
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty To Role In Theft Of Dozens Of Money Orders
- Rutgers University Announces Raise In Minimum Wage For Student Workers
- Mixing Up The Perfect Sufganiyot For Hanukkah
- Little-Known Philadelphia Ordinance Restricts Number Of Fresh-Cut Christmas Trees In Apartment Buildings, Homes
- ‘Pay Or Die’: Hitman Email Scam Shocking The Most Seasoned Police Investigators
- Decision Day In Alabama After Long, Bitter Senate Campaign
- Women Bedazzling Eyebrows With Christmas Tree-Like Ornaments In Latest Trend