Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Little Chance For Anti-Gay-Bashing Law This Year in Pennsylvania
- Candidate Tom Wolf Promises Shale Fracking Tax Revenue For Pa. Schools
- Pennsylvania State Trooper Killed In Ambush Laid To Rest
- Fugitive Wanted For 2001 Murder In Tennessee Found Living Under Assumed Name In Delaware
- Feds Await Local Police Findings on Center City Beating of Gay Couple
- Bill Decriminalizing Small Amounts of Pot Gets Phila. City Council OK
- Worker Stabbed During Robbery At South Philadelphia Employment Agency
- Fumes Temporarily Evacuate Elementary School In North Philly
- Police: Lonely Pa. Man Made Repeated 911 Calls
- 1 Student Injured In Crash Involving School Bus In North Philly