Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Thanksgiving Eve Fire Displaces 20 In Chester County
- New Jersey Lawmaker Would Limit Thanksgiving Hours
- Officials Report More Than 100 Accidents In Bucks County
- Missing Pa. Mother Found Dead, Stepfather Charged
- Despite Wintry Mix, Drivers In Philadelphia Suburbs Face Few Issues
- Evening Snow & Rain, Then A Chilly Thanksgiving
- Gov. Christie On Ferguson Protests: People Are Anxious, And Pres. Obama Is Partly To Blame
- 4 Injured In Reading Shooting
- Philadelphia Police Arrest Man For Repeatedly Impersonating A Police Officer
- Police: Elderly Woman Dragged 30 Feet During Purse Snatching In Wilmington