Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Phillies to Begin Metal-Detector Screening of Every Ticketholder at Citizens Bank Park
- Councilman Pushes To Increase Valet Parking Zones For Night Clubs Along Delaware Ave.
- Oh, The Irony: Easter Egg Cookies Sold In Pa. Voluntarily Recalled For Containing Eggs
- Phila. Lawmakers Move To Tighten Enforcement of Boot-and-Tow Parking Regulations
- Del. Man Arrested For 2 Violent Crimes, Including Alleged Assault On Elderly Woman
- Student Charged With Biting Teacher At School In South Jersey
- Teen Driver Killed In Freak Accident Along I-295 In Mt. Laurel
- Students At Montgomery County High School Plan Walkout After Nude Photos Reportedly Released Online
- Online Retailer Offering Customers Help Around The House
- Pa. Burglar Steals More Than 100 Candy Bars