PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Arnold Palmer’s Legacy Lives On In Delaware Valley
- Weekend Box Office: ‘Magnificent Seven’ Is No. 1
- Facebook, Twitter Facing Off During Presidential Debate
- Clinton Campaign Invites Philadelphia Activist To Debate
- Philadelphia Art Teacher Singled Out For Statewide Honor
- Philadelphia Library Launches Musical Instrument Lending Program
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Accident On Roosevelt Boulevard; One Person Taken To Hospital
- IMDb Will Have To Remove Actors’ Ages Under New Law
- Brazilian Day Is Celebrated On Penn’s Landing