Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- ‘The Captive’ Opens Tuesday At Physick House As Part Of Fringe Arts Festival
- Phila. Hospitals Making Plans For Staff Who Can’t Go Home During Papal Visit
- Pre-K Counts And Head Start Providers Feeling Squeeze Of PA Budget Stalemate
- Talking Francis: A Pope’s Spontaneous, Personal, Controversial Communication
- Authorities: 3 Pedestrians Struck In Lakewood
- Police: Pedestrian Fatally Struck In Galloway Township
- Police: Man Sought In Connection With Kensington Hit-And-Run Turns Self In
- Police: 1 Dead, 1 Injured Following Grays Ferry Shooting
- Officials Distribute #OpenInPHL Kits To Businesses Across Philadelphia Ahead Of Papal Visit
- Authorities: Montgomery County Attorney Accused Of Rape