PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Philly Neighborhood Tops Most Affordable Retail Corridor In US List
- Top 3 Tuesday: Find The Perfect Pet Without Getting Scammed
- Police: NJ Attendant Assaulted After Man Couldn’t Pump His Own Gas
- Arts & Business Council Awards Honor Philly’s Most Innovative, Philanthropic Leaders
- ‘Nuclear Power Plant Warning’ Sent Out In Error In Parts Of South Jersey
- 11 People Seated On Cosby Jury; Defense Sees Race Bias
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured After Shooting In Philly
- Vigil Held At City Hall To Honor Those In Manchester Attack
- Phi Psi Fraternity Offering Reward After Fire Near Rowan University
- Creato’s Defense Attorney Calls Investigators Lazy, Did Poor Job During Closing Arguments Of Murder Trial