PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- New Jersey Delegation On Day Three: A Breakfast Boycotted By Its Own Sponsor
- High Bacteria Levels In The Water Prompt Closures At Jersey Shore Beaches
- Key Organizer Of DNC Says City Looks Good, Despite Some Kinks
- Cops: 10 Foot Long, 60 Pound Snake Spotted Under A Porch In Gloucester County
- Dog Allegedly Given Away Is Reunited With Owner
- Lenny Kravitz, Angela Bassett, POTUS And Joe Biden Among DNC Speakers Tonight
- Star-Studded Line Up Scheduled To Speak Tonight At The DNC
- Cops: Trio Tie Victim To Chair, Ransack Home In Armed Robbery In Sea Isle City
- Philly Teen Plays Patriotic Tune For Police At DNC Protests
- O’Reilly Criticized For Saying Slaves Who Built White House ‘Were Well-Fed, Had Decent Lodging’