PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Philadelphia’s Last Remaining Pearl Harbor Survivor Remembers December 7, 1941
- Police Recover Deceased Body Inside North Philadelphia Home
- Tori Visits Summerfest 2016 As Philly Prepares For The Summer Season
- Temple Becomes First PA University To Offer Private Space For Nursing Mothers
- Company Aims To Transform Old HS Into Housing For Homeless Vets
- Atlantic City Rescue Plan Approved! Bankruptcy Averted!
- Woman Struck By Vehicle On Roosevelt Blvd.
- Street Soccer USA Philadelphia Cup To Kick Off This Weekend
- 17-Year-Old North Penn Student Charged With Arson In Connection To Fire At School
- North Philadelphia Pastor Killed In Hit & Run