PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- SEPTA Prepared To Deal With Any Problems Caused By Extreme Cold
- Deep Uncertainty As Republicans Debate In South Carolina
- New Research Shows Being Tased Can Cause Temporary Brain Damage
- Fire Injures One, Destroys Apartments In Bucks County
- Delaware Apologizes For Slavery
- Temple Doctor Comes Up With Way To Use Cadaver DNA To Teach Med Students About Genetics
- More Money Budgeted For PA Schools? Leading Lawmaker Weighs In
- Movie Review: ‘Deadpool’
- A Local Studio Is Offering The Unique Combination Of Yoga And Beer
- Pizza Shop Owner Fights Drug Use With Pizza Boxes