PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Police: Baby Fell More Than 10 Feet Down Sidewalk Grate
- Officials: Overwhelmed Child Welfare Case Managers In Phila. Resort To Falsifying Documents
- Steph Curry’s Face Used On Heroin Bags in Philly
- AC Casinos: Take Action To Save Atlantic City From Financial Abyss Now
- Philadelphia Black Pride Events Celebrate African American LGBTQ Community
- Authorities Push For Participation In National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Uproar Over Report That Will Ferrell Will Play President Reagan
- 2 Planes With Problems Make Safe Landings At Philadelphia International Airport
- 1 Dead In Accident In Salem County
- 3 Students Expected To Be Charged In Death Of Delaware Teen