Cab Driver Dead After Crashing Taxi In Cobbs Creek
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Community Cancellations: Friday, March 6th
- Montco Communities Low On Road Salt Hope We Got Our Final Winter Storm
- Police Officer Dies After North Philadelphia Shooting
- Weather: Temperatures Tonight To Plummet Into The Single Digits
- Philadelphia Public And Archdiocesan Schools Closed Friday
- Police Search For Missing Delco Teen
- Despite Plowing Efforts, Roads Quickly Re-coated With Snow In Chester County
- Community Cancellations: Thursday, March 5th
- Drexel’s Sacramento Campus Closing Down, Current Students Can Finish
- No Injuries Reported After Building Partially Collapses In North Philadelphia