Prediction Machine Has The Birds Finishing Second In Division, Sixth In Conference
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — What if I told you the Eagles would finish second in the NFC East behind the New York Giants and lose in the first-round of the playoffs, to those same Giants, by one point? Predictionmachine.com, which calculates their 2014 NFL season predictions by playing each NFL game 50,000 times, projected exactly that.
Using an adjusted strength-of-schedule, relevant statistics from every player’s career to a fairly traditional player development curve that considers age and previous playing time, Prediction Machine has concluded the Eagles would be the second wild-card in the NFC, heading into the postseason as a No. 6 seed, and losing their first-round matchup at the Giants 27-26.
Prediction Machine has the Eagles ranked as the eighth best team, the third best offensive team, but the second-to-worst defensive team in the NFL. The Eagles are given a 46.5% chance at making the playoffs, but only a 2.1% chance at winning the Super Bowl. Prediction Machine also says the Eagles biggest strength will be their “league’s best” offensive line.
Ultimately, the Denver Broncos are predicted to beat the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, 24-23. Good thing they actually have to play the games.
View full predictions here.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign
- Pat Bertoletti Upsets Molly Schuyler To Win Wing Bowl 23
- Mick Foley On Being Ejected: ‘Didn’t Want Throwing Up To Be My Legacy’
- Wing Bowl Exclusive: Cataldi Releases Never Before Seen Footage Of Christie Falling In-Studio