Police: Reported Bensalem Playground Assault Did Not Occur, Story Fabricated
BENSALEM, Pa., (CBS) — Aug. 7 UPDATE: Bensalem Police say a woman fabricated a story that she was assaulted last week at Struble Elementary playground.
Police say the 33-year-old woman, of Bensalem, is being charged, via summons, with making false reports to police and related offenses. Police also said the reported assault did not occur.
According to police, detectives were unable to corroborate much of the information the woman originally reported, and subsequently got a confession from her.
On July 31, the woman reportedly told police she was approached at the playground by a dark skinned male, possibly Middle Eastern (Indian) or Hispanic, wearing a black beanie type cap, a long sleeve white shirt and black pants. Police said she also reported he had a large circular nose ring and a slight amount of facial hair.
Police reported she told them she was punched in the chest and dragged her by the hair before she managed to break free.
No additional information was released.
You may also be interested in:
- Pa. Agency Ruling Could Mean Home-Delivered Beer
- Hundreds Gather For Rally To Support Police In Northeast Philadelphia
- Authorities File Charges In Alleged False Report In Bradley Stone Search
- Police Deliver Holiday Meals To Families In Camden
- Investigation Underway After Hackers Attack Pine Forge Academy, Demand A Million Dollars