BENSALEM, Pa., (CBS) — Aug. 7 UPDATE: Bensalem Police say a woman fabricated a story that she was assaulted last week at Struble Elementary playground.
Police say the 33-year-old woman, of Bensalem, is being charged, via summons, with making false reports to police and related offenses. Police also said the reported assault did not occur.
According to police, detectives were unable to corroborate much of the information the woman originally reported, and subsequently got a confession from her.
On July 31, the woman reportedly told police she was approached at the playground by a dark skinned male, possibly Middle Eastern (Indian) or Hispanic, wearing a black beanie type cap, a long sleeve white shirt and black pants. Police said she also reported he had a large circular nose ring and a slight amount of facial hair.
Police reported she told them she was punched in the chest and dragged her by the hair before she managed to break free.
No additional information was released.
You may also be interested in:
- Philly Police Issue Business, Parking Restrictions Ahead Of NFC Championship Game
- ‘Come Get In’: Police Searching For Suspicious Driver Who Allegedly Approached 3 Kids Leaving School
- Philly Woman Taking Vintage Eagles Material And Giving It New Life
- Mental, Physical Health Benefits To Being A Dog Walker
- University of Alabama Student With NJ Ties Says She Was Wrong After Racist Video