Police: Reported Bensalem Playground Assault Did Not Occur, Story Fabricated
BENSALEM, Pa., (CBS) — Aug. 7 UPDATE: Bensalem Police say a woman fabricated a story that she was assaulted last week at Struble Elementary playground.
Police say the 33-year-old woman, of Bensalem, is being charged, via summons, with making false reports to police and related offenses. Police also said the reported assault did not occur.
According to police, detectives were unable to corroborate much of the information the woman originally reported, and subsequently got a confession from her.
On July 31, the woman reportedly told police she was approached at the playground by a dark skinned male, possibly Middle Eastern (Indian) or Hispanic, wearing a black beanie type cap, a long sleeve white shirt and black pants. Police said she also reported he had a large circular nose ring and a slight amount of facial hair.
Police reported she told them she was punched in the chest and dragged her by the hair before she managed to break free.
No additional information was released.
You may also be interested in:
- Goal Of Old City Food Exhibit Is To Show How Govt. Affected The Way Americans Eat
- Caught On Video: Woman Accompanied By Child Takes Purse From Office Area Of Warehouse
- Pennsylvania College Rescinds Degree Awarded To Bill Cosby
- DA: Two Arrested In Deadly Lower Moreland Home Invasion
- Person-Of-Interest In Sexual Assault Of Temple Student In Custody For Unrelated Violation