PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Phillies right-hander Roberto Hernandez has been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for two players to be named later, Senior Vice President & General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announced Thursday.
Hernandez, 33, went 6-8 with a 3.87 ERA in 23 games (20 starts) for the Phillies this year and is tied for the team lead in wins. To fill his spot on the 25-man roster, the Phillies selected the contract of right-hander Sean O’Sullivan from triple-A Lehigh Valley. O’Sullivan was 5-9 with a 4.57 ERA in 21 starts for Lehigh Valley and also made one start for the Phillies this year in June.
Tonight’s starting pitcher is yet to be determined.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Suzuki Homers Twice As Braves Beat Phillies 7-2
- Episcopal Academy Offers Students Place To Explore Beyond Classroom
- Eagles Deal With Banged Up Secondary Heading Into Week 3
- Eagles Injury Report: Rodney McLeod A Game-Time Decision As Eagles Defense Missing Secondary Help
- Corey Clement Patiently Waits For His Chance