UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Two golfers have been charged with fighting—including one who allegedly hit the other over the head with a 3-wood—after they argued about the rules while playing together at a Pennsylvania course.
Online court records don’t list attorneys for the North Union Township men who allegedly fought at the Springdale Golf Course near Uniontown on Sunday.
State police say 63-year-old Roger Lee Harris and 42-year-old Bryan Bandes were playing with three others when they argued about rules involving “casual water”—or puddles—after it rained.
After settling that dispute on the 5th hole, police say they argued again on the 7th hole, with Harris hitting Bandes with the club and the men trading punches.
Harris is charged with aggravated assault and simple assault, while Bandes is charged with simple assault.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Governors Wagering Sweet Treats Of NFC Championship Game
- Motorists Seeing Slightly Higher Gas prices In New Jersey
- Philadelphia Police Will Increase Presence For Eagles Game, Women’s March
- Twitter To Tell 677,775 People They Interacted With Kremlin-Linked Trolls
- Birth Control Pills May Prevent Some Cancers, Study Finds