Certain Tattoo Products Sold On Internet Have Been Recalled
CBS Philly (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSPhilly.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSPhilly.com/Health
Get Breaking News First
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There’s a recall of inks and tattoo products sold on the internet.
White and Blue Lion Incorporated has recalled inks and tattoo kits because of possible bacterial infection. Dr. Linda Katz the director of the FDA’s Office of Cosmetics and Colors says anyone could have purchased the products.
“These kits were marketed on line and consumers purchased them to either be used at home or in some cases they may have been used in a tattoo parlor.”
The packaging may have no brand name or may come with a dragon logo. If used, the infected products could cause redness, itching, blemishes and pain at the inked location.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Corbett, Wolf Prepare For First Debate In Pa. Governor’s Race
- Road Work Closes Ramp From Spring Garden Street To WB Schuylkill Expressway
- State House Set To Vote On Cigarette Tax To Fund Philly Schools
- Man Critical After Police-Involved Shooting In West Philadelphia
- Police Investigate Fatal Port Richmond Double Shooting