Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Stabbing Deaths Of 2 Men Found In Schuylkill River
- Police Say They Are Closing In on Elusive Cop-Killer in the Poconos
- Gas Line Struck In Mercer County
- Investigation Continues Into Deadly Tour Bus Crash In Delaware
- The First Day Of Fall Will Feel Like It
- Cops: Autistic Teen Punched During Large Brawl Outside Church In Delaware
- Bear Suspected Of Killing Hiker In New Jersey
- Update: Missing Milford Man Found Safe
- Upcoming Puerto Rican Day Festivities Prompt Warning From Philadelphia Police
- Corbett, Wolf Prepare For First Debate In Pa. Governor’s Race