Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Police Say They Might Have Spotted Ambush Suspect
- Porn Email Scandal Leads To Suspension Of Pa. Justice
- Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Blaze At Nursing Home In Doylestown
- Retired Philadelphia Police Officer Murdered In Virginia
- 2 Big Name Stores Breathing New Life Into Center City’s Retail Landscape
- EXCLUSIVE: Mother Pleads For Help In Finding Daughter’s Stolen Custom-Made Wheelchair
- Boil Water Advisory Issued For Part Of Northampton Township
- Showers Return To The Forecast; Cloud Threat Impacts Chance To View Meteor Shower
- Police Investigate Double Shooting In Trenton
- Leagues File To Stop New Jersey Sports Betting