Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Holiday Stress Can Impact Children As Much As Adults
- Candles, NYPD Cap Mark Spot Of Officers’ Deaths
- New Jersey State Police Union Warns Of “Heightened Hostility”
- Montgomery County Couple Sings About Their Home, Wins Enough Money To Buy It
- Philadelphia Non-Profit Needs Help Adopting Familes To Assist During Holidays
- One Dead, One Injured In Delaware Apartment Fire
- Police Come Under Fire While Responding To Shooting At Bar In Mayfair
- Pa. Ruling Lets Law Firm Donate Services Without Limit To Mayoral Candidate
- South Jersey Town Gets Sizable Check For Their Recycling Efforts
- $10K Grant Will Expand Program Helping Patients Understand Medical Care In Their Native Language