Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Convention Center Exhibitors Say Flower Show Running Smoothly Under New Union Rules
- Crews Work To Repair Water Main Break In East Mount Airy
- Curt Schilling Fires Back At Cyberbullies Targeting His Daughter
- Four Family Members With Ties To Philadelphia Drown In The Dominican Republic
- 5-Alarm Fire Rips Through Sheet Metal Plant In Upper Moreland
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Visits Wilmington VA Medical Center
- Cold Case Cracked, Killer Arrested, Say Camden County Cops
- Honoring Children’s Author Dr. Seuss, NFL Moms Read To Schoolchildren in Germantown
- New Jersey Ends Terrapin Harvest To Protect Turtle Population
- Despite Weather, Flower Show Will Always Be a Pre-Spring Event, Officials Say