Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Montgomery County DA: ‘On What Planet Do You Send Naked Photos To A Teen Boy And Think It’s Private?’
- Poll Shows Hillary Clinton Support Softening In All-Important Swing States
- Authorities in Montco Checking Door-to-Door For Valid Dog Licenses
- Philadelphia Ranked One Of The Most Bike-friendly Cities
- 1 Dead, Several Injured After Car Crashes Through Nail Salon In Northeast Philadelphia
- Ex-Firefighter In Custody After Taking Several Hostage Inside Elkins Park Firehouse
- CDC: NJ Medicaid Reimbursement Rates Leaving New Patients Out In The Cold
- Wrangling Begins Over Next Philadelphia Budget: How Will Schools Get Funded?
- Girlfriend Charged With Saturday’s Murder of Darby Borough Police Officer
- Police Seeking Group of Teens Who Sucker-Punched Older Man on 15th & Market Subway Platform