Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Replica Of The Shroud Of Turin Goes On Public Exhibition In Philadelphia
- Health Officials Concerned As E-Cigarette Use Rises In Younger Generations
- Scam Involving People Pretending To Be With Sheriff’s Office Makes Its Way To Philadelphia
- Tiny Particles Are Big Business For Univ. City Company
- Month Long Celebration Of Black Writing Festival Kicks Off In Less Than A Week
- 12-Hour Annual Passenger Car Race Tests The Endurance Of Dozens Of Drivers
- The Big Boot Alert
- 40 Years After Operation Babylift, Woman Shares Her Story
- Police: Couple Abducted, Robbed In West Philadelphia
- Police: Man Shot 3 Times In Kensington