Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Pope Toaster Hits The Market Ahead Of Papal Visit
- Defendant In Craigslist Murder Trial Tells Jurors He Didn’t Do It, But He Knows Who Did
- Blue Moon To Appear Friday Morning
- Jersey Shore Beachgoers Witness Man Allegedly Kill Seagull In Ocean City
- Former Cape May Boy Scout Leader Arrested For Sexual Contact With Minor
- Local Readers Weigh In On Magazine’s Man-Pleasing Tips
- Pennsylvania’s First Case Of West Nile Virus For 2015 Confirmed
- Fans Speak Fondly Of Hamels After Word Of Reported Trade
- Temple Rowing Takes Step Toward Restoring Historic Boathouse
- Philadelphia Fire Department To Receive Over $22 Million From FEMA