Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Burlington County Celebrates Local World Cup Champion
- Analysts: Long PA Budget Stalemate Likely
- KYW Flashback: Cianfrani-Foreman Scandal
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Jurassic World’ Tops ‘Inside Out’
- Conestoga High School Teacher Honored With Presidential Award
- Sharks Don’t Scare Some July 4th Weekend Beachgoers; Others…Not So Much
- Support For Families of Victims, From One Who Knows
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Gloucester County Car Crash
- ‘Philly Pride Presents’ Held Formal Dedication Of Rainbow Crosswalk
- New Jersey Turnpike Lanes Reopen After Bus Fire