Discussions Continue On Second Philadelphia Casino License
By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- SUV Plows Into Northeast Philly Pharmacy
- Local Restaurant Serves Up Free Cheesesteaks After Owner Bet Against The Eagles
- I-Team: Local Mom Protests Major Toymaker Over Race Of Dolls
- Christie Vetoes Politically Charged Pig Crate Bill
- Law To Curb Fatal Overdoses About To Take Effect
- UPDATE: Missing Del. Teen Found Safe
- Shoppers Head Out In Droves In Philadelphia Area
- All Aboard! Reading Terminal Market’s Annual Holiday Railroad Is Up And Running
- Former Philadelphia Police Captain Joins Ferguson Protestors — Wearing Old Uniform
- 1 Injured After Truck Crashes Into Bridge In Bucks County