By Tony Romeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Acknowledging that some people are “frustrated” with the process, the chairman of the Gaming Control Board says deliberations continue on who, if anyone, will get the second casino license for the city of Philadelphia.
As usual, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, Gaming Control Board members said nothing about their deliberations on the second Philadelphia casino license — except for Chairman William Ryan’s notation that the board’s last private, executive session to discuss the issue was nearly a month ago.
And after the public meeting, he would not comment on the significance of that, nor on the progress of the discussions, stating again that the board is “working hard” on the matter:
“I think I’d rather just stay with that response if it’s okay with you,” says Ryan. “I understand a lot of people are perplexed, a lot of people feel frustrated. But that’s the process, and we’re all doing the best we can.”
The board has been mulling over what to do about the second Philadelphia casino license since the public record on the matter was closed at the end of February.
- Shave For The Brave Event Held In Pennsauken
- Dozens Of Drivers Claim They Are Being Ripped Off By 3rd Party Firm
- Ronald McDonald Family Helping Mother Stay By Son’s Side For Nearly 5 Months
- 30 Years Later, Wall Street Manager Reflects On College Promise To Philly Students
- MontCo Priest Curates Catholic Relics Exhibit
- Giant Trump Rooster Coming To Philly For Tax March
- Eagles’ Player Invited To Fan’s Wedding In Ohio Shows Up!
- Latest Motion Brings Another Setback To DA Seth Williams
- New Emojis Coming Soon: Breastfeeding, Beard, Woman Wearing Headscarf And More
- Couple Who Met On Set Of ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Gets Married