PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chase Utley hit a three-run homer, and Ben Revere had four hits, including a triple, to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 10-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
Ryan Howard had two hits and two RBIs with a double for Philadelphia, which had scored just two runs in 35 2/3 innings entering Wednesday. The Phillies topped the Astros 2-1 in 15 innings on Tuesday night.
David Buchanan (6-5) was called up again to replace Cliff Lee, who was placed on the disabled list because of a left elbow strain sustained last Thursday.
Buchanan gave up three runs and nine hits in 6 1/3 innings with five strikeouts and no walks.
Brad Peacock (3-8) struggled in his first big-league start since being sent to the minors to work on his fastball command. He allowed eight runs and seven hits in five innings, and lost his third straight start.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Albies Goes Deep, McCarthy And Braves Beat Phillies 3-1
- Brian Dawkins Stepping Down From Full-Time Role In Eagles Front Office
- Eagles Release Linebacker Mychal Kendricks
- Sixers’ Ben Simmons Named To NBA All-Rookie First Team
- ‘I Don’t View It As A Political Thing’: Carson Wentz To Take Part In White House Visit To Celebrate Eagles’ Super Bowl Victory