Phillies’ Bats Come Alive In 10-3 Win Over Astros
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chase Utley hit a three-run homer, and Ben Revere had four hits, including a triple, to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 10-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
Ryan Howard had two hits and two RBIs with a double for Philadelphia, which had scored just two runs in 35 2/3 innings entering Wednesday. The Phillies topped the Astros 2-1 in 15 innings on Tuesday night.
David Buchanan (6-5) was called up again to replace Cliff Lee, who was placed on the disabled list because of a left elbow strain sustained last Thursday.
Buchanan gave up three runs and nine hits in 6 1/3 innings with five strikeouts and no walks.
Brad Peacock (3-8) struggled in his first big-league start since being sent to the minors to work on his fastball command. He allowed eight runs and seven hits in five innings, and lost his third straight start.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Report: Sixers To Acquire Nik Stauskas, Future First Rounder In Salary Dump From Kings
- Brewers Take Third Straight Against Phillies, 9-5
- FANtastic Philly: CBP Employee Returns The Smile To A Young Phillies Fan
- Larry Andersen Says Phillies Competing Again Is Not ‘That Far Off’
- WATCH: Nerlens Noel Dunks On Young Fan At Hoops Camp