PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Well, this is exciting.
Travel site Jetsetter.com has ranked a Philadelphia park among the best urban beaches – in the world. And it’s not even a permanent fixture!
The article, which was published on the Huffington Post, selected eight city beaches from all over the globe.
Spots like Berlin’s City-Wide and London’s Camden Beach made the list, and so did the City of Brotherly Love’s very own Spruce Street Harbor Park.
“The highlight is a traditional wooden boardwalk lined with street food stalls and arcade games in old shipping containers,” Jetsetter.com writes.
What’s more, Spruce Street is a temporary “pop-up” park in its first year and has only been open a little over a month. It’s slated to close at the end of August.
The only other American urban beach to make the Jetsetter.com/Huffington Post roundup was the North Avenue Beach in Chicago.
To see the full list, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Fyre Festival: When A $12,000 Luxury Festival In Paradise Turns Into Chaos
- St. Louis Officer Helps Replace Rotted Basketball Hoop At School
- Hacker Releases Stolen Copies Of Netflix Series
- By The Numbers: How Trump Stacks Up After 100 Days
- Man Pleads Guilty To Defecating On Side Of Road, Throwing Feces Into Woods