Man Sought In Woman’s Death In Upper Darby Found In Florida
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man wanted for questioning in the strangulation death of his ex-girlfriend in Delaware County is behind bars in Florida.
Police in Upper Darby had been seeking the man since the body of 38-year-old Masako Griffin was found Sunday.
Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the 38-year-old man arrived at a police station in Jacksonville, Florida, in the dead woman’s car shortly after her body was found.
Officials said he was held on a driving under the influence count, and Upper Darby police accused him of auto theft and of violating a protection from abuse order obtained by the woman.
Chitwood said police had been called to the home a number of times following domestic disputes. He said officials hoped to bring the man back to Pennsylvania soon.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover
- Sunburn Art: A Dangerous New Trend?
- Ocean City Retains Title As New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach