UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man wanted for questioning in the strangulation death of his ex-girlfriend in Delaware County is behind bars in Florida.
Police in Upper Darby had been seeking the man since the body of 38-year-old Masako Griffin was found Sunday.
Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the 38-year-old man arrived at a police station in Jacksonville, Florida, in the dead woman’s car shortly after her body was found.
Officials said he was held on a driving under the influence count, and Upper Darby police accused him of auto theft and of violating a protection from abuse order obtained by the woman.
Chitwood said police had been called to the home a number of times following domestic disputes. He said officials hoped to bring the man back to Pennsylvania soon.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Fyre Festival: When A $12,000 Luxury Festival In Paradise Turns Into Chaos
- St. Louis Officer Helps Replace Rotted Basketball Hoop At School
- Hacker Releases Stolen Copies Of Netflix Series
- By The Numbers: How Trump Stacks Up After 100 Days
- Man Pleads Guilty To Defecating On Side Of Road, Throwing Feces Into Woods