UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man wanted for questioning in the strangulation death of his ex-girlfriend in Delaware County is behind bars in Florida.
Police in Upper Darby had been seeking the man since the body of 38-year-old Masako Griffin was found Sunday.
Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the 38-year-old man arrived at a police station in Jacksonville, Florida, in the dead woman’s car shortly after her body was found.
Officials said he was held on a driving under the influence count, and Upper Darby police accused him of auto theft and of violating a protection from abuse order obtained by the woman.
Chitwood said police had been called to the home a number of times following domestic disputes. He said officials hoped to bring the man back to Pennsylvania soon.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Temple University Tops List Of Most Sexually Active College Campuses
- Get Paid $10K A Month To Travel Around The World, Stay At Luxury Vacation Homes
- Former Shelter Dog Helps Save 3-Year-Old Girl Left Naked And Alone
- Labrador Retriever America’s Most Popular Dog For 26th Straight Year
- Police: Man Checks Out Of Hospital, Steals Ambulance