UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man wanted for questioning in the strangulation death of his ex-girlfriend in Delaware County is behind bars in Florida.
Police in Upper Darby had been seeking the man since the body of 38-year-old Masako Griffin was found Sunday.
Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the 38-year-old man arrived at a police station in Jacksonville, Florida, in the dead woman’s car shortly after her body was found.
Officials said he was held on a driving under the influence count, and Upper Darby police accused him of auto theft and of violating a protection from abuse order obtained by the woman.
Chitwood said police had been called to the home a number of times following domestic disputes. He said officials hoped to bring the man back to Pennsylvania soon.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Royal Baby: Duchess Of Cambridge’s Due Date Announced
- Man Builds 2-Story ‘Star Wars’ Vehicle Replica For Halloween
- ‘Furry Fare Evader’ Spotted At PATCO 8th And Market Street Station
- FBI Nabs 2 Women Suspected Of Attempted Bank Heist Dressed As Nuns
- Trump Tweets That Marino Is Out Of Consideration For Drug Czar