PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – We are now several days into August and those back-to-school days are right around the corner.
To get into the spirit, WalletHub.com created a list ranking the best (and worst) school systems in the country.
The website used a variety of factors in their grading including, student-to-teacher ratios, tests scores, student dropout rates and reported bullying incidents.
New Jersey topped the list as the number one school system in the country. The Garden State was followed by Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Kansas.
On the flip side, Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and the District of Columbia rounded out the bottom five when it came to quality of education.
Other metrics used in the rankings were: remote learning opportunities from online public schools, the percentage of children who repeated one or more grades, school safety and percentage of people with a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
To see the full list, click here.
Tell us, do you agree with the rankings? Weigh in our Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Zoo’s Baby Red Pandas Have Been Named
- Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Deal Is Nothing… For $5
- 48 Children In Camden County Officially Adopted- On National Adoption Day!
- Philadelphia Baby’s Brain Tumor Shrinks After Kiss From Pope
- Facebook Testing New Feature That Helps Ease Awkward Breakups