PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – We are now several days into August and those back-to-school days are right around the corner.
To get into the spirit, WalletHub.com created a list ranking the best (and worst) school systems in the country.
The website used a variety of factors in their grading including, student-to-teacher ratios, tests scores, student dropout rates and reported bullying incidents.
New Jersey topped the list as the number one school system in the country. The Garden State was followed by Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Kansas.
On the flip side, Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and the District of Columbia rounded out the bottom five when it came to quality of education.
Other metrics used in the rankings were: remote learning opportunities from online public schools, the percentage of children who repeated one or more grades, school safety and percentage of people with a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
To see the full list, click here.
Tell us, do you agree with the rankings? Weigh in our Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘That’s My Man’: FLOTUS Tweets At POTUS After DNC Speech
- How Uber Punishes Drivers Who Refuse To Use UberPool
- Pitbull Rescued From Mike Vick Dog-Fighting Ring Spends Day Snuggling Kittens
- Disney-Owned Film Studio Claims Responsibility For Harrison Ford’s Broken Leg
- Wait, The Ice Bucket Challenge Actually Worked?