Darby Man Charged With 6 Armed Robberies
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A Darby man has been charged with a string of six robberies and related firearm charges.
Police say 19-year-old Nasir Traynham, of Darby, committed armed robberies at six places: Metro Self Storage, located at 2240 Island Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 15, 2013; Gulla’s Auto Tag & Insurance, located at 6301 Buist Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 17, 2013; Kerrs Building Materials, Inc., located at 1528 Washington Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 22, 2013; Papa John’s Pizza, located at 7 N. Lansdowne Avenue in Lansdowne, PA, on July 23, 2013; and attempted to rob the 7-Eleven, located at 501 Church Lane, Yeadon, PA, on June 26, 2013 and the Kicks USA, located at 1575 N. 52nd Street in Philadelphia, on July 11, 2013.
If convicted, Traynham faces a maximum sentence of life in prison with a mandatory minimum term of 107 years.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Corbett, Wolf Prepare For First Debate In Pa. Governor’s Race
- Road Work Closes Ramp From Spring Garden Street To WB Schuylkill Expressway
- State House Set To Vote On Cigarette Tax To Fund Philly Schools
- Man Critical After Police-Involved Shooting In West Philadelphia
- Police Investigate Fatal Port Richmond Double Shooting