Darby Man Charged With 6 Armed Robberies
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A Darby man has been charged with a string of six robberies and related firearm charges.
Police say 19-year-old Nasir Traynham, of Darby, committed armed robberies at six places: Metro Self Storage, located at 2240 Island Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 15, 2013; Gulla’s Auto Tag & Insurance, located at 6301 Buist Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 17, 2013; Kerrs Building Materials, Inc., located at 1528 Washington Avenue in Philadelphia, on June 22, 2013; Papa John’s Pizza, located at 7 N. Lansdowne Avenue in Lansdowne, PA, on July 23, 2013; and attempted to rob the 7-Eleven, located at 501 Church Lane, Yeadon, PA, on June 26, 2013 and the Kicks USA, located at 1575 N. 52nd Street in Philadelphia, on July 11, 2013.
If convicted, Traynham faces a maximum sentence of life in prison with a mandatory minimum term of 107 years.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- South Jersey University Equips Police Officers With Body Cameras
- Owners Of Small Businesses Seek Local Funding For Renovations, Citing Federal Rigmarole Makes Process Too Expensive
- Brownouts Dominate Talk As New Fire Commish Debuts In City Council
- Gloucester County Investigators Hoping For A Break In 13-Year-Old Cold Case
- Accusations In Philadelphia Of Improper Foreclosures On Homes