Car Slams Into House In Camden
By Syma Chowdhry
CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) — A car slammed into a South Jersey home Monday night, causing a large portion of the building to come crashing down.
First responders rescued two people from under the pile of rubble.
There were two people inside the car when it lost control and drove into a house in Camden on the corner of Linden and North 10th Streets.
Both people in the car were taken to Cooper Hospital. One person is listed in critical condition, while the second individual’s condition was not immediately known.
Police, firefighters and rescue teams were working all night to secure the area and take down whatever was left after the house collapsed.
An excavator was brought in to knock down the home. There is still rubble and debris left over from the cleanup efforts, no word when the crews will return to clean the rest of it up.
It’s not known if the house was occupied when it was hit by the vehicle.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Gloucester County Car Crash
- ‘Philly Pride Presents’ Held Formal Dedication Of Rainbow Crosswalk
- New Jersey Turnpike Lanes Reopen After Bus Fire
- NJ Officer Accidentally Strikes, Kills Pedestrian In Crash
- Man Shot By Neighbor In Frankford