By Al Novack and Syma Chowdhry
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting that happened Monday morning in West Oak Lane.
Police say someone in a passing car fired shots around 3 a.m. near 71st Street and Georgian Road.
An unidentified man and woman were near a parked car and were both hit by bullets.
The woman, 25, was hit once in the leg. She was taken to Einstein Hospital for treatment. She is listed in stable condition.
The male victim, 29, attempted to drive away from the scene in a Ford Crown Victoria. He drove for about a mile before he crashed into a parked van on East Cheltenham Avenue in neighboring Cheltenham Township.
He was taken to Einstein Hospital and is being treated for seven bullet wounds in his torso and thighs. He is listed in critical condition.
“The vehicle that we found the driver in, the Ford Crown Victoria, has at least 10 gunshot holes, all mainly grouped in the driver side door,” said Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small.
Police are interviewing neighbors in the area. There are no suspects so far.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Camden Cab Driver Hospitalized After Stabbing
- Istanbul Terror Attack: 41 Killed; Airport Resumes Flights Amid Blood, Shattered Glass
- Environmental Activist Erin Brockovich Takes Up A Local Cause Over Water Safety
- Google Earth Gets A Huge Upgrade
- AC Mayor Updates Residents On Efforts To Avert State Takeover