Police: Fight Over Golf Rules Sends 2 To Hospital
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — State police say they’re continuing to investigate a fight between two golfers who wound up in the emergency room after an argument over the rules on a Pennsylvania golf course.
Troopers from the Uniontown barracks aren’t identifying the suspects, beyond saying that one is 42 years old and the other 63.
According to a news release, the suspects were playing together at the Springdale Golf Course in South Union Township Sunday afternoon when “they became embroiled in a heated debate over the rules of golf, specifically regarding water, on the 5th hole.”
The golfers managed to finish that hole and another before the argument “reignited” on the 7th hole “similarly involving rules, or lack of understanding of said rules.”
Both golfers were treated at Uniontown Hospital. Police were considering aggravated assault charges in the incident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Tracy Morgan Settles Suit With Wal-Mart Over Fatal Crash
- Lilly Pulitzer Taking Heat For Fat-Shaming Cubicle Cartoons
- Lassa Fever Patient Treated Twice At New Jersey Hospital
- Study: ‘Soooo In Love’ On Facebook? Maybe You’re Just Insecure
- Pa. Teacher Who Appeared To Be Drunk & Passed Out On Desk Now On Leave, Banned After Removal From Classroom