TOMS RIVER, NJ (CBS) – The Ocean County prosecutor announced that a New Jersey doctor has been arrested for allegedly unlawfully distributing prescription drugs without medical reason.
An investigation determined that Dr. Holca, whose office is located in Manahawkin, allegedly prescribed Percocet and Xanax for no legitimate medical purpose.
Prosecutor Coronato stated, “This should send a warning to health care professionals who prey on those fighting the tragic disease of narcotic addiction. We are looking for you and will find you.”
The Southern Enforcement group performed eight undercover operations observing Dr. Holca.
Dr. Holca was arrested at his residence back in January 2013 and charged with Distribution of a Percocet, Distribution of Xanax, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute, Possession of Firearms during Commission of a CDS Offense and Financial Facilitation, also known as, Money Laundering.
Furthermore, during an authorized search warrant of Dr. Holca’s residence, officers recovered several loaded firearms, along with suspected controlled dangerous substances and a significant amount of cash.
In June 2014, the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners obtained Dr. Holca’s voluntary, temporary license suspension. The suspension will remain in effect until the Board reviews a hearing, after which they may decide to enforce further discipline.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Dare To Dream’ – Nova Nation Dances To Fight Childhood Cancer
- Children, Philadelphia Fire Department Paint Mural In Honor Of Fallen Firefighters
- Ronald McDonald House Helps Family From Indonesia Whose Son Is Battling Eye Cancer
- ‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ Reality Star To Make Debut As Stripper At Atlantic City Nightclub
- 8-Year-Old Calls 911, Stops Car After Sister Has Seizure While Driving