Giordano: Harry Reid Is Coming To Town And Hypocrisy Reigns Supreme
By Dom Giordano
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Harry Reid is coming to town and hypocrisy reins supreme. Reid will be the headliner at a $2,600 a plate dinner at a fancy restaurant in Cherry Hill, New Jersey Monday night to boost Donald Norcross, brother of South Jersey powerhouse George Norcross and Democratic candidate for the congressional seat vacated by Rob Andrews. This is not politics as usual. This is a spectacle.
This involves the spectacle of Reid and other fat cats dining just miles from Camden, arguably the poorest and most violent city in America, a city in the heart of Andrews’ district, and a city run by Democrats for the last 50 years.
In addition to this spectacle, Reid’s presence underlines what I’ve been saying for two weeks that talk of impeachment of President Obama is out of bounds and that taking back the Senate and removing Harry Reid from power is the path to success for us to stop President Obama from further damaging the country.
We are just about 90 days away from taking back the Senate and impeachment talk only allows President Obama to distract from the big issues like illegal immigration and the failings of Obamacare. Winning the Senate would open up debate on a wide array of issues that Reid has bottled up and would help IRS and Benghazi investigations to proceed.
If we take back the Senate and President Obama tries to rule the country through executive orders, then control of the Senate is important in order to remove the president from office if the House impeaches him.
Protesters will gather to gather at 4 p.m. Monday at 2023 W. Marlton Pike in Cherry Hill to confront Harry Reid and underline that defeating and taking back the Senate is the prize. I hope to see you there.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Protesters Against The Keystone XL Pipeline Greet President Obama As He Arrives In Philadelphia
- Sen. Bob Casey Says Additional Federal Funds Being Allocated to Delaware River Dredging Project
- Nutter Reviews Accomplishments in Speech to Greater Phila. Chamber of Commerce
- Gov. Wolf Quickly Reinstates Moratorium on Oil and Gas Drilling in State Parks
- Classmate and Cornell Law Professor Says Immigration Issue ‘Should Be Deal-breaker For Loretta Lynch Appointment’