PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Only About Half Of New City Funded Pre-K Slots Are Filled
- Cops: Arrest Made In Fatal Shooting Of Teen In Mayfair
- Boeing’s Stock Falls After Trump Wants To ‘Cancel’ Multibillion-Dollar Order For New Air Force One Planes
- Kellyanne Conway To Be Grand Marshal At Hammonton Fire Department Christmas Parade
- Parents Decide To Name Baby Born On Flight From Philly “Jet”