PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Thousands Compete In Storm-Altered Philadelphia Escape Triathlon
- Cleanup Continues In South Jersey In Wake Of Powerful Storm
- Woman Sentenced For Recruiting Teen Runaway To Be Prostitute
- Woman Found Shot Dead Inside Camden County Home
- Police: 2 Men Disguised As Construction Workers Rob Store In Drexel Hill