Fire Marshal Determines Cause In Feltonville Food Truck Explosion
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Injured, Bleeding Man Found On South Jersey Roadway Was Stabbed, Beaten
- Fire Tears Through Bakery In North Philadelphia
- Man Stabbed, Robbed During Home Invasion In North Philadelphia
- Camden County Jail Vying For Part Of A $75 Million Foundation Grant
- Democratic Phila. Helps State House GOP Grow Its Majority