PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Record-setting Astronaut Peggy Whitson Retires; Spent 665 Days In Space During 32 Year Career
- Recovery Effort For Missing Boater At Willingboro Lake Suspended
- Study Expects $15.3 Billion Dollars To Be Spent On Father’s Day
- Father’s Day Run Raised Money For Sidney Kimmel Center’s Prostate Cancer Program
- Former Secretary, Fired By Chip Kelly, Receives Eagles Super Bowl Ring