PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Church Van Driver Dies In Hit-And-Run In Kensington
- PA High School Yearbook Includes Quotes From Hitler, Stalin, ISIS
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Grilling The Perfect Burger
- PA Woman Becomes 1st U.S. Citizen To Contract Bacteria Resistant To ‘Last Resort’ Antibiotics
- What Song Is This Summer’s ‘Cheerleader?’