PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Battle Over Revolutionary War-Era Building Could Go To D.C.
- President Obama Says He Respects Colin Kaepernick’s Rights In Anthem Protest
- Police Shoot, Kill Man Believed To Have Stabbed Children In Violent Rampage
- Future Of Cable And Internet? In Philly This Week, It’s Right Around The Corner
- Group Of Breast Cancer Survivors Pens Book To Empower Others