PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the deadly food truck explosion in Philadelphia’s Feltonville neighborhood last month.
The Fire Marshal has determined a buildup of propane gas inside the truck on Wyoming Avenue caused the blast.
The ignition source is unknown because of multiple burners and warmers inside the truck.
The Fire Marshal, in collaboration with the Arson Task Force and the Department Of Transportation are currently investigating the cause of the propane release.
Thirteen people were injured in the explosion. Two people later died from their injuries.
Two people remain hospitalized.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Chris Christie Orders Shutdown Of Transportation Projects
- 2 Atlantic City Firefighters Charged With Buying Heroin Outside Fire Station
- Family, Friends Mourn The Loss Of 13-Year-Old After Germantown Shooting
- ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’ To Shoot In Philly, Prompting Road Closures
- Ocean City Named Best Beach In New Jersey