Del. Police Searching For Suspect Who Allegedly Assaulted Woman, Slapped Child In The Face During Home Invasion
LONG NECK, Del. (CBS) – Two suspects — one who is still wanted — reportedly broke into the Delaware home of an acquaintance and assaulted the woman before slapping her child across the face, police say.
The home invasion happened on Friday, July 11th around 10 p.m., when Erica Jones, 23, and Niesha N. Bland, 20, broke into the residence on the 26000 block of Portside Drive brandishing a large pipe.
The two women are then accused of tackling the 32-year-old female resident of the home and assaulting her.
Before leaving the house, the suspects allegedly slapped the victim’s two-year-old son across the face and then used the pipe to smash the front windshield of a 56-year-old male’s car.
Police say the victim was “an acquaintance” of the pair.
On Saturday, July 12th, police arrested Bland and charged her with Home Invasion, Conspiracy 1st, and two counts of Offensive Touching.
Erica Jones, however, is still wanted on charges of Home Invasion, Conspiracy 1st, Offensive Touching, and Criminal Mischief. She is also wanted out of Sussex County Court of Common Pleas.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jones should call police.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Still on Democrats’ Short List For 2016 Convention
- At Campbell’s Kitchens, Thanksgiving Leftovers is a Teaching Moment
- Merck To Manufacture Potential Ebola Vaccine
- Lincoln University President Resigns After Controversial Remarks On Rape
- Jackknifed Tractor-Trailer Snarling Traffic On NJTP In Gloucester County