KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Brian Brown scored on a header two minutes after entering the game to help the Philadelphia Union tie Kansas City 1-1 on Friday night, ending Sporting’s winning streak at four-games.
Brown scored off Raymon Gaddis’ cross in the 71st minute for Philadelphia (5-8-9).
Graham Zusi scored for Kansas City (11-5-6) in the 54th minute. Toni intercepted a failed clearance, fed the ball into the box and Zusi slotted it home. Zusi narrowly missed a goal in the following minute when his attempt went inches wide.
Kansas City’s goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum made two saves in the closing minutes of the first half. He dove to block Vincent Nogueira’s free kick from the edge of the penalty area in the 41st minute and stayed low on Sheanon Williams’ unmarked attempt on the final play of the half.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Ryan Howard Homer, Strong Nola Performance Lead Phillies Past Cardinals
- Phillies Turn To Nola As Series In St. Louis Continues
- Scott Franzke And Larry Andersen Celebrate A Decade In The Booth
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Nyquist Looks Ready To Wear Roses
- First Ever Conference Tourney Appearance For Swarthmore Lacrosse