KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Brian Brown scored on a header two minutes after entering the game to help the Philadelphia Union tie Kansas City 1-1 on Friday night, ending Sporting’s winning streak at four-games.
Brown scored off Raymon Gaddis’ cross in the 71st minute for Philadelphia (5-8-9).
Graham Zusi scored for Kansas City (11-5-6) in the 54th minute. Toni intercepted a failed clearance, fed the ball into the box and Zusi slotted it home. Zusi narrowly missed a goal in the following minute when his attempt went inches wide.
Kansas City’s goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum made two saves in the closing minutes of the first half. He dove to block Vincent Nogueira’s free kick from the edge of the penalty area in the 41st minute and stayed low on Sheanon Williams’ unmarked attempt on the final play of the half.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Covington, Saric Lead Sixers To 120-112 Win Over Wizards
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- 5 Phillies Players To Watch This Spring Training
- Jameis Winston Tells Elementary Students ‘Ladies Are Supposed To Be Silent… Men Are Supposed To Be Strong’
- Colangelo: Ben Simmons Will Sit Out The Rest Of The Year