Police: Dover Man Beat Elderly Victim With His Own Cane
DOVER, Del. (CBS) – Dover Police are searching for a man who allegedly assaulted an elderly man with the victim’s own cane.
The alleged assault occurred Thursday afternoon.
Officers responded the 800 block of Forest Street for a report of an elderly man lying on the ground, bleeding from his head.
According to the victim, he was walking through a yard when he noticed a man following him. The victim says he told the suspect, identified by police as Clarence Heath, to leave him alone, at which point Heath knocked him to the ground.
Heath then allegedly took the victim’s metal cane and struck him in the head and face several times before fleeing the area.
Heath is wanted for assault on a person 62-years-of-age or older.
Anyone with information on Heath is urged to contact the Dover Police Department at 302-736-7111.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Reading Terminal Market Recognized as a ‘Great’ Public Space
- Hillary Clinton More Popular in NJ Than Christie, Poll Finds
- Police Warn Of ‘Heroin Pills’ Being Distributed In Camden And Gloucester Counties
- Pa. Bans Hunting, Trapping In Areas Near Manhunt For Frein
- Pennsylvania Infant Hit By Bullet Will Be Blind