Northeast Philadelphia Man Accused Of Distributing Child Pornography
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced a Philadelphia man has been charged with distributing child pornography.
Fifty-three-year-old William Bairstow, of Northeast Philadelphia, was arrested on July 25 following an undercover investigation.
Agents identified a computer on a peer-to-peer network sharing media files believed to be child pornography. The computer’s IP address, which was allegedly making the files available, was traced to Bairstow.
Agents later discovered several thousand videos and images on Bairstow’s computer containing the suspect pornography.
He has been charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography, one count of distribution and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
He was released on $50,000, 10 percent bail and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 14.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Central Bucks West Football Season Canceled Amid Hazing Allegations
- Gov. Christie Defends Comments On Minimum Wage
- Several Schools, Business Placed On Lock-out After Gunfire Erupts In Camden County
- In Bucks County, Congressional Candidates Square Off Over Broad Array of Topics
- Philadelphia Attorneys’ Group Warns Homeowners of Pitfalls of ‘Tangled Titles’