Northeast Philadelphia Man Accused Of Distributing Child Pornography
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced a Philadelphia man has been charged with distributing child pornography.
Fifty-three-year-old William Bairstow, of Northeast Philadelphia, was arrested on July 25 following an undercover investigation.
Agents identified a computer on a peer-to-peer network sharing media files believed to be child pornography. The computer’s IP address, which was allegedly making the files available, was traced to Bairstow.
Agents later discovered several thousand videos and images on Bairstow’s computer containing the suspect pornography.
He has been charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography, one count of distribution and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
He was released on $50,000, 10 percent bail and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 14.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Prominent Phila. Musician Arrested, Charged With Attempting To Have Sexual Contact With Teen
- Hundreds Of Seniors On The March To A Healthier Lifestyle
- Mt. Airy School Gets iPads For Learning From West Chester University
- Gun Scare Prompts Temporary Lockdown Of Lincoln High School
- 2 Injured After Being Struck By Car While Demonstrating Outside Dietz And Watson Plant