Northeast Philadelphia Man Accused Of Distributing Child Pornography
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced a Philadelphia man has been charged with distributing child pornography.
Fifty-three-year-old William Bairstow, of Northeast Philadelphia, was arrested on July 25 following an undercover investigation.
Agents identified a computer on a peer-to-peer network sharing media files believed to be child pornography. The computer’s IP address, which was allegedly making the files available, was traced to Bairstow.
Agents later discovered several thousand videos and images on Bairstow’s computer containing the suspect pornography.
He has been charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography, one count of distribution and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
He was released on $50,000, 10 percent bail and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 14.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Montco Judge Quickly Airs Documents From Grand Jury Probe of Kathleen Kane
- For Philadelphia Family With Autistic Son, Neighborhood School Becomes a Model
- Ten Thousand Volunteers Sought To Pitch In During Pope’s Visit to Philadelphia
- Pa. Teen Breaks World Record By Solving Rubik’s Cube In 5.25 Seconds
- New Web Site Helps US Military Vets in Philadelphia Find Services