CHERRY HILL, NJ (CBS) – A suspicious device found near a Cherry Hill walking trail brought the bomb squad in early on Friday.
The suspicious item, a PVC pipe with both ends “crudely capped,” was reported in the Bortons Mill Trail, a walking trail at the corner of Brace Road and Borton Mill Road.
The bomb squad was called in to investigate, and the device was secured and rendered safe.
The remainder of the park was also searched by Camden County police, but nothing was found.
Residents are urged to immediately call 911 if they see an unusual item.
Anyone with information on any suspicious activity or people in the area of the Bortons Mill Trail is asked to call police.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Atlantic County Police Investigate Fatal Hit-Run In Absecon
- Evening Jog Turns Into Tragic Accident On Roosevelt Boulevard
- Manhole Cover Gets Blown From Street In West Philadelphia
- 3-Year-Old Girl Injured In Fall From Second Floor Window In Germantown
- Results Of Probe Into Inappropriate Emails To Be Released