WASHINGTON (AP) — Ben Revere tied a career-high with four hits and the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Washington Nationals 10-4 on Thursday night despite starter Cliff Lee leaving in the third inning with an elbow injury.
Grady Sizemore had three hits and three RBIs as the Phillies pounded out 17 hits.
After throwing ball one to Denard Span with two outs, Lee walked off the mound, looked into the Phillies dugout, and tapped his left arm with his glove hand.
Lee, making his third start since missing two months, left the game, and the Phillies announced he had a recurrence of the flexor pronator strain that sidelined him in May.
Antonio Bastardo (5-4) retired Span, the only batter he faced, and got the win.
Gio Gonzalez (6-7) failed to make it through four innings for the second time in three starts.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Wentz After Successful ACL Surgery: ‘The Comeback Officially Begins Now’
- RGIII Pleads His Case To Eagles: ‘I Can Help’
- Eagles Sign Special Teams Guru Bryan Braman
- Eagles Opponent Profile: Wentz-less Eagles Head North To Face Woeful Giants
- Week 15 NFL Picks: Patriots, Steelers Battle For The Top Of The AFC