LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Move Over Apple! Scrapple Pies Top Seller At Jersey Shore Shop
- Authorities: Off-Duty Cop Kills Man Who Tried To Take Gun
- 2-Year-Old Hit By Car, Killed In West Philly
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Don’t Breathe’ Beats ‘Suicide Squad’
- First Day Of School For Some Montco Students