LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot 9 Times Inside Vehicle
- ‘Secret Santa’ Pays Off All Layaway Orders At South Jersey Walmart
- Pair Accused Of Stealing Holiday Gifts Residents Left For Trash Collectors
- Lingering Moisture Could Generate Multiple Snow Showers This Week
- Bucks County Man Sentenced To 60-120 Years In Prison In Child Rape Case