LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Shake Up At Mayor’s Fund For Philly, Why Credit Cards Need To Go
- FOP Endorses Beth Grossman In Philly DA Race
- Feds Wiretapped Union Boss John Dougherty; Mayor Kenney Recorded
- Where Are The Rudest Drivers In America?
- CHOP Earns Top Honors In Best Children’s Hospital In The Country Ranking