LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- LAPD Investigating Harvey Weinstein After Sexual Assault Allegation
- Woman Helping Veterans Gets Help To Continue Campaign
- Students Stage Sit-In After Racially Charged Text Messages Surface In South Jersey
- Yoga Therapy Helping Some Kick Their Addiction
- Auto Dealers Team Up To ‘Drive Away Cold’ For Under Privileged Kids