LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Cheyney University Fighting To Keep Accreditation
- Sounds Of The Season: Longwood Gardens
- Mayor-Elect Kenney Focuses On Education, Crime At First Town Hall Meeting
- Jahlil Okafor Apologizes For Boston Fight On Twitter
- Financial Firm Predicts More Atlantic City Casinos Will Close