LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- NJ Gov. Christie Opposes Trump Plan To Drill in Atlantic
- Suspect In Deadly Chester Co. Road Rage Incident Waives Hearing
- Powerball Jackpot Climbs To $510 Million
- Officer Injured After Crashing Into Parked Car In West Philly
- PATCO Commuters Face Delays Due To Derailment