Local Beach Reopens After Previously Failing Water-Quality Test
LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Gay Rights Activists Mark Landmark 1965 Demonstration In Philly
- Teen Killed In South Jersey ATV Accident
- Police Arrest Suspect In Throat Slashing Murder Of Elderly Woman
- U.S. Welcomes Dozens Of New Citizens At Ceremony In Camden
- Owners Of Former Vick Dogfighting House Clash With County