Local Beach Reopens After Previously Failing Water-Quality Test
LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Camden Cop Wounded in Arm After Being Shot At By Fleeing Suspects
- Schools Chief Hite Turns Down His $60,000 Performance Bonus
- Bond Granted For Release Of Doctor Linked To Sen. Menendez
- Philadelphia Teen Wins Constitution Center’s Playwriting Contest
- Bridge Tolls Between New Jersey And Pennsylvania Could Drop