Local Beach Reopens After Previously Failing Water-Quality Test
LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Federal Audit Points Out Discrepancies In State Day Care Inspections
- Accident Reported On I-95 Southbound In Newark, Del.
- State Rep Sims Announces Primary Election Challenge To Embattled Congressman Fattah
- Former South Jersey Beauty Queen Found Dead In New York City
- After Papal Visit, Tourism And Hospitality Industry In Philadelphia Looks To The Future