LONG BEACH ISLAND, NJ (CBS) — The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
State officials say the ocean had failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
Officials say this afternoon new tests showed better results and the beach was able to reopen in time for the weekend..
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Clinic Regulations
- Jon Bon Jovi Surprises Cancer-Stricken Fan With Guitar, Kiss
- Officer Dorman Expected To Be Released From Hospital Monday
- Police ID Woman Fatally Shot In Chest With Crossbow In Northeast Philly
- Taxpayer Group Says Fattah Should Lose Pension