By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A viewing was held Wednesday evening for the woman shot and killed at Mercy Fitzgerald Wellness Center last week.
The viewing for 53-year-old Theresa Hunt was held at the John Stretch Funeral Home in Havertown. Hunt was shot by a psychiatric patient inside the Wellness Center last Thursday. She was his mental health case worker. Among those attending the viewing was John McBlain, a Delaware County Council member. He says this has never happened in the county before.
“Thank Goodness, No. And God forbid it ever happens again. But here’s a person that just was doing her job, went to work. part of her job was to help people with disabilities for far less money than they should get, and it’s a dire consequence,” McBlain said.
The burial will take place in Hancock, New York.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Verizon Rolls Out Near-Gigabit Internet Speeds In Philadelphia
- Man Charged In Murder Of Woman Inside Kensington Home
- Pa. Lawmakers Mull Expanded Access To Post-Conviction DNA Testing
- Trial Begins In Shooting Death Of Mother, Boyfriend In Ambler
- Philly’s Dad Vail Regatta Gets New Sponsor