NEW HOLLAND, Pa. (CBS) – Police have charged a Lancaster County woman after her baby was found dead inside a trash bag.
According to New Holland Police, on July 27, officers responding to a report of an “emotional/psychological issue involving a female” made the gruesome discovery.
Police say 30-year-old Marie Guepsie Lavaud, of New Holland, informed officers she had delivered a baby that was dead. Lavaud reportedly told officers she had placed the baby in the freezer. Officers attempts to located the baby were unsuccessful to police say they gathered trash bags from the scene and brought them back to the police department.
According to police, it was at the police station where they made the discovery and found the infants remains inside a trash bag.
An investigation revealed Lavaud had been pregnant and likely delivered the baby on July 23, 2014.
The Lancaster County Forensic Center performed an autopsy, but police say it was inconclusive in determining if the baby born alive.
Lavaud was charged with concealing the death of a child and abuse of a corpse and committed to an area hospital for mental health reasons.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Target’s Website Crashes On Cyber Monday Due To “High Traffic”
- Philadelphia Zoo’s Baby Red Pandas Have Been Named
- Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Deal Is Nothing… For $5
- 48 Children In Camden County Officially Adopted- On National Adoption Day!
- Philadelphia Baby’s Brain Tumor Shrinks After Kiss From Pope