By Ian Bush
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Forbes Magazine is hosting its inaugural ‘Under 30’ Summit in Philadelphia this fall, and they’ve packed the schedule with some impressive and diverse names.
From Malala Yousafzai:
“Seventeen-years-old. Here’s somebody who was left for dead and has become a beacon for educating girls around the world,” says Forbes Magazine editor Randall Lane.
To Monica Lewinsky:
“This is the first person whose reputation was instantaneously trashed on the Internet,” says Lane.
The Forbes Magazine editor says they’re part of a roster that includes Oculus VR founder Palmer Luckey and Mashable CEO Pete Cashmore. Up for discussion at the Pennsylvania Convention Center? How to solve the world’s problems over the next half-century.
“It’s about bringing the most impressive people under 30 to Philadelphia to try to figure out how to change the world,” says Lane.
Why here? Lane says Philly is the only city Forbes considered, because of the rocketing millennial population and its status as a tech and travel hub.
Those who are of a certain age — in this case, under 30 — can apply online for tickets to the summit, which will be populated in part by current and former Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees. Questlove is curating the Under 30 music festival in Northern Liberties — that’s free, and kicks off the event on Sunday, October 19th.
For more information, visit:
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Former PA Congressman To Give Memorial Day Speech At Philly Korean War Memorial
- Final Preparations Are Underway To Kick Off Philly Beer Week
- Once Neglected Golf Course Is Now Getting Back Into Swing Of Things
- Combined Help For Thousands In Camden County With Mental Health, Addiction Issues
- Montgomery County Rolls Out New App In Effort To Save Lives