‘Donut Cheesesteak Burger’ Makes Philadelphia Debut
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) –This takes the Donut Burger to a whole new level.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger straight from the kitchen of Northern Liberties’ PYT made its Philadelphia debut on Tuesday.
“We just fired it up today and it was super delicious,” said Tommy Up, owner of PYT.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger is just the latest offering from PYT, which is already known in the city for its rotating selection of creative burgers. The restaurant previously sold a Szechuan Lamb Burger sandwiched between buns made of sticky rice and the Donut Burger held together by two halves of a glazed donut.
The Donut Cheesesteak Burger consists of a glazed donut split in half and grilled. Next, the beef patty is added and topped with cheddar. Then add the Philly cheesesteak — a “Whiz Wit” — topped with cheese whiz and fried onions.
“We put it out on Facebook and about an hour later people were coming in an asking for it,” Up said.
Up says the Donut Cheesesteak Burger will be on the menu for the next two weeks.
“There’s always a possibility we’ll keep it around, it will definitely be up to our customers and fans. If they really like it, there’s also a possibility to go on our permanent menu,” Up said.
PYT is located on North Hancock Street at the Piazza in Northern Liberties.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- GoFundMe Site Set Up For Acclaimed Philly Chef Injured In Amtrak Derailment
- Study: Ongoing Symptoms Of Depression And A Person’s Risk Of Stroke Are Linked
- AAA: More Travelers Driving This Memorial Day Weekend, Likely Due To Low Gas Prices
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life
- Bon Jovi Breaks Out Guitar At Rutgers University-Camden Commencement