OK Cupid Users Upset After Company Confesses To ‘Experimenting’ On Them
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Dating website OK Cupid is in hot water after it admitted to following in Facebook’s footsteps and “experimenting” on its users.
The website confessed to the experiment on its blog on Monday.
The part that has most people upset is that the dating site apparently told users who weren’t well-matched in reality that they were.
In other words, users may have been paired up with people that they actually weren’t or wouldn’t be compatible with.
“I don’t think it’s right,” one person told Eyewitness News. “It’s deceitful.”
“That’s pretty messed up,” agreed another.
“If you’re on a website looking for a potential husband, boyfriend [OK Cupid] should be completely honest,” another woman said.
OK Cupid says that before people get upset, “if you use the internet, you’re the subject of hundreds of experiments at any given time, on every site. That’s how websites work.”
Tell us what you think about the OK Cupid experiment on our Facebook page…
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- New Monmouth University Poll Finds ‘Deep Racial Divide’ On Alleged Racism In The Judicial Process
- Report: NJ Among States Least-prepared For Outbreaks
- Survey: E-Cigarettes Surpass Regular Cigs In Teen Use
- Forget That Marathon: There’s A New ‘Race’ Coming To Philadelphia, And It Doesn’t Require Any Running