PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Dating website OK Cupid is in hot water after it admitted to following in Facebook’s footsteps and “experimenting” on its users.
The website confessed to the experiment on its blog on Monday.
The part that has most people upset is that the dating site apparently told users who weren’t well-matched in reality that they were.
In other words, users may have been paired up with people that they actually weren’t or wouldn’t be compatible with.
“I don’t think it’s right,” one person told Eyewitness News. “It’s deceitful.”
“That’s pretty messed up,” agreed another.
“If you’re on a website looking for a potential husband, boyfriend [OK Cupid] should be completely honest,” another woman said.
OK Cupid says that before people get upset, “if you use the internet, you’re the subject of hundreds of experiments at any given time, on every site. That’s how websites work.”
Tell us what you think about the OK Cupid experiment on our Facebook page…
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- ‘Very Unattractive’ People Can Earn More Than Attractive Co-Workers, Study Finds
- Instagram Now Allows Users To Share Up To 10 Photos In One Post
- Former Penn State Basketball Player To Play Chewbacca In New Han Solo Spin Off
- Intense Exercise Could Lower Man’s Libido, Study Finds
- Mother Will Give Birth To Terminally Ill Baby To Donate Organs