PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Dating website OK Cupid is in hot water after it admitted to following in Facebook’s footsteps and “experimenting” on its users.
The website confessed to the experiment on its blog on Monday.
The part that has most people upset is that the dating site apparently told users who weren’t well-matched in reality that they were.
In other words, users may have been paired up with people that they actually weren’t or wouldn’t be compatible with.
“I don’t think it’s right,” one person told Eyewitness News. “It’s deceitful.”
“That’s pretty messed up,” agreed another.
“If you’re on a website looking for a potential husband, boyfriend [OK Cupid] should be completely honest,” another woman said.
OK Cupid says that before people get upset, “if you use the internet, you’re the subject of hundreds of experiments at any given time, on every site. That’s how websites work.”
Tell us what you think about the OK Cupid experiment on our Facebook page…
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Study: 1 In 3 High School Students Reported Traveling With Driver Who’d Been Drinking
- Man Dies In California Botulism Outbreak From Nacho-Cheese
- Man Wearing MAGA Hat Disrupts, Delays NJ-Bound Flight
- Children Should Not Be Given Fruit Juice Before Age 1, According To New Pediatric Guidelines
- Robots Could Wipe Out Another 6 Million Retail Jobs