New Zealand Paper Mistakenly Swaps Photo Of Dead ‘Jackass’ Star With One Of Israeli Soldier Killed In Battle
By Chelsea Karnash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A major newspaper in New Zealand has apologized after a photo mix-up involving a “Jackass” star who was killed in a Pa. car crash back in 2011.
The New Zealand Herald reportedly published an article on a deceased Israeli soldier, Guy Boyland, who was born in New Zealand and reportedly died during a battle in Gaza on Friday. But the photo initially used in the article on Boyland was actually of “Jackass” star Ryan Dunn, who was killed in a fiery car crash in West Goshen, Pa. back in 2011.
On Tuesday, the paper issued an apology for the “incorrect use of two images.”
The Herald’s apology reads, in part:
“The New Zealand Herald apologises unreservedly to the family and friends of Guy Boyland following the incorrect use of two images in today’s paper and on the New Zealand Herald website.”
“Guy Boyland was a fan of comedian Ryan Dunn and had posted the photo we used on his Facebook page when the comedian died in 2011. The New Zealand Herald incorrectly sourced the image of Ryan Dunn from Guy’s page, along with several other images, believing them to be of Guy.”
The paper says Boyland, who was killed during a firefight on the southern Gaza strip, was 21-years-old.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Pa. Teen Breaks World Record By Solving Rubik’s Cube In 5.25 Seconds
- Study: Most Kids Are Using Smartphones And Tablets By The Time They’re 2 Years Old
- Report: 7 New Jersey Counties Make List Of Highest Property Taxes
- With Royal Baby #2 Due Any Day, Folks Across The Pond Weigh In On Their Picks For Names
- Pa. Shop Offers Discount — But Only To Women!