Philadelphia, PA (CBS) — It was difficult to ignore Vinny Curry last year because each time the 6-foot-3, 280-pound defensive end was on the field he was doing something to create chaos. Curry, the Eagles’ second-round pick out of Marshall, was highly productive in limited action, tied for second on the Eagles with 4 sacks over 317 snaps.
Curry sees the chance for his role to expand even more this season.
“I see myself helping my team out the best way I can, and that’s pushing myself to the limit,” Curry said. “The things I did last year were to give us a little spark. This year, I’m going to have a chance to provide more of that spark. I want to take my energy level that much higher. I want to be the kind of player the fans talk about when they leave the Linc and they’re talking about our team.”
Being in Billy Davis’ defensive scheme for another year will be a huge plus Curry said. It’s enabled him to feel more comfortable, to not think as much on what to do and where to go, because it’s now instinctive.
“This is my second go-around and as you see, things are way faster than last training camp,” Curry said. “Everyone is a year ahead. We all know what’s expected and the system. We are ahead of schedule. Coach Davis is putting me great spots to make plays and they’re counting me on executing. I can’t wait.”
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Improve To 8-1 At Home With 6-2 Win Over Pirates
- Sixers Top Heat 106-102, Simmons 1st Rookie To Record Playoff Triple-double Since Magic Johnson
- Taxpayers To Pay More Than Half Of $2.27M Eagles Championship Parade Bill
- Herrera Go-Ahead Triple Gets Phillies Win Over Pirates 2-1
- Heat’s Justise Winslow Fined $15,000 For Stepping On Joel Embiid’s Mask