Sixers Debut New Ben Franklin Logo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies, MLB Honor Cole Hamels’ First Career No-Hitter
- Parting Ways: Carlos Valdes’ Union Saga Finally Comes to a Close
- Podcast: Trade Deadline Quickly Approaching For Phillies
- PSU Head Coach James Franklin To Throw Out First Pitch At Citizens Bank Park
- Player Style Files: Chiefs Tamba Hali Enjoys Flying Through Skies and Offensive Lines