PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- WATCH: Meek Mill Rings Bell At Sixers-Heat Game 5
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory
- Phillies’ Nick Williams, Phanatic Help Local Kids Plant Tree
- Funeral Home Offers Flyers Fans Condolences After Playoff Elimination
- Super Bowl Champion Eagles ‘Discussing’ Visit To White House