PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Keidel: New York Giants Are Just Plain Bad
- McNabb: ‘Jared Goff Might Be Best QB In NFC’
- SEC Football Report: LSU Winning Streak Continues, Tide Roll Tennessee
- Ben Simmons Is 2nd Player Ever With 10/10/5 In First 3 Games
- Eagles Injury Report: Lane Johnson and Mychal Kendricks Could Be Good To Go Vs. Washington