PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Report: Eagles, Cox ‘Close To New Deal’ Worth Over $50 Million Guaranteed
- Top-Ranked Cats Vow To Keep Their Focus
- Recap: Sixers Lose To L.A. Clippers, 98-92 In OT
- Brandon McManus Seals Legend Status At Former Lansdale High School
- Despite Protests, Temple’s Board Of Trustees Votes To Go Forward With New Stadium Proposal