PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History
- Collegiate Rowing Teams Participate In 35th Memorial Murphy Cup Regatta
- Bobrovsky Terrific Again As Blue Jackets Beat Flyers 1-0
- Career Nights For Saric, Long Lift 76ers Past Bulls, 117-107