Sixers Debut New Ben Franklin Logo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A new alternate logo will debut for the Sixers this season. The team is paying homage to the city’s history by depicting Benjamin Franklin in a new logo that will appear on team memorabilia this upcoming season.
The logo depicts the American icon valiantly leaping forward wielding a basketball as he dons his 76ers coat.
The logo can now be seen through the team’s website and is available for purchase on Adidas T-shirts. While the image will serve as the team’s secondary logo, there are no indications that it will appear on in-game apparel at any time soon.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Hit 3 Homeruns In 12-2 Win Over Braves
- Eagles CB Brandon Boykin Traded To Steelers
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Eagles Sign Former Villanova Running Back, Kevin Monangai
- Rookie Spotlight: Amari Cooper Looks To Bring Life To Oakland Raiders Passing Game