PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Fox Sports’ Jon Morosi has tweeted out that according to sources the Phillies have made Cole Hamels available on the trade market. Hamels is widely regarded as the team’s best trade chip and a deal to send him to another team will signal somewhat of a rebuilding process for the franchise.
There are a limited number of teams that can acquire Hamels from the Phillies without the pitcher’s consent. Morosi mentioned both the Cardinals and Dodgers as teams that need starting pitching help and could come after the Phillies’ ace.
Both teams also appear on the list of teams that Hamels can be dealt to. Although it is being reported that the team is willing to part with Hamels, the price is still expected to be very high. CBSSports’ Jon Heyman cited an opposing general manager who stated “they want the world,” in regards to the team’s demands.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Vikings Send Super Bowl Confetti To Some Eagles Fans Who Made Donation
- Report: Sixers’ Fultz Received $10,000 From Sports Agent Prior To Attending University Of Washington
- Drexel’s 34-Point Comeback Is Biggest In NCAA History
- Drexel Women Host JMU In Critical CAA Battle
- Bill Simmons: ‘If LeBron Wants To Be GOAT, He Needs To Go To Philly’