TUNKHANNOCK, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say Philadelphia-area man drowned after falling off a boat after watching fireworks at a northeastern Pennsylvania lake over the weekend.
Officials in Wyoming County say 56-year-old Paul Hubner of Quakertown was with a half-dozen other people watching the annual display at Lake Carey when he went overboard from the back of the boat at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday.
Deputy Coroner Eric Kukuchka said the victim’s body was found in about 30 feet of water shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday and he was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy was planned to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Mother Sends Garbage To Son In Care Package For Not Emptying Trash
- 68-Year-Old Woman Visiting Husband’s Grave Dies Following Cemetery Crash
- Separate Incidents At Bucks County Park Prompt Reminder From Police
- 4 Injured, 1 Critically, After SEPTA Trains Derail Near 69th Street Terminal
- Dad ‘Mortified’ Over 8-Year-Old Son’s Online Game