TUNKHANNOCK, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say Philadelphia-area man drowned after falling off a boat after watching fireworks at a northeastern Pennsylvania lake over the weekend.
Officials in Wyoming County say 56-year-old Paul Hubner of Quakertown was with a half-dozen other people watching the annual display at Lake Carey when he went overboard from the back of the boat at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday.
Deputy Coroner Eric Kukuchka said the victim’s body was found in about 30 feet of water shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday and he was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy was planned to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Accident Shuts Down I-95 Near Broad Street
- 5th District Police Release Bar Restrictions For Sunday’s NFC Championship Game
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot 7 Times In North Philadelphia
- Swanky Philadelphia Event Bleeds Green This Year
- Vikings Fans Arrive In Philadelphia: ‘They Came A Long Way To Lose!’