NJ Wedding Reception Shut Down When Brawl Breaks Out
MIDDLETOWN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Two people were arrested when a brawl involving dozens of guests broke out at a wedding reception in central New Jersey.
Middletown Township police say the party had been going on for several hours when the fight started Sunday night. It apparently began inside the hall and spilled out on to the street.
Officers arriving on scene found several guests who were mostly shoving each other and shouting, so assistance was sought from several nearby police departments.
Order was eventually restored, but authorities shut down the reception and told the guests to leave. It took about 45 minutes to clear out the facility.
It’s not clear what sparked the brawl, but an iunvestigation is ongoing.
No injuries were reported, but a man and a woman were charged with disorderly conduct.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Pa. Man Allegedly Confesses To Killing Live-in Girlfriend After She Threw TV Dinner In His Face
- Judge Nixes RHONJ Star Teresa Giudice’s Halfway House Bid
- Gov. Christie Defends Comments On Minimum Wage
- Survey: Kids Bring Great Happiness — And Lots Of Stress
- 3 Local Wedding Venues Named As Country’s Most Beautiful