PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overnight lane closure is scheduled this week on northbound Interstate 95 between the Girard Avenue and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia for roadwork, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation said.
I-95’s northbound left lane will be closed Monday through Friday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for the installation of steel pins to anchor concrete construction barriers within the construction zone.
This work is part of the $211.7 million project to rebuild and widen 1.5 miles of northbound I-95 from Columbia Avenue to just south of Allegheny Avenue. The project is being built in four stages to keep three travel lanes open in each direction during construction, which is scheduled to finish in summer 2018.
PennDOT advises I-95 motorists to allow additional time for travel through the work zone as slowdowns will occur during construction. The contractor’s work schedule is contingent on the weather.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Wyncote Residents Put Squeeze On Bank Owner Of Blighted Property, Demand Repairs
- NJ State Police Issue Amber Alert For Abducted 3-Year-Old Girl
- New Jersey Voter Turnout Reaches New Low
- Down To The Wire On New Cable Franchise Agreement Between Comcast And Philadelphia
- Vineland Police Search For Missing Mother, 3-Month-Old Baby