I-95 NB Night Lane Closure Scheduled This Week In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overnight lane closure is scheduled this week on northbound Interstate 95 between the Girard Avenue and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia for roadwork, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation said.
I-95’s northbound left lane will be closed Monday through Friday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for the installation of steel pins to anchor concrete construction barriers within the construction zone.
This work is part of the $211.7 million project to rebuild and widen 1.5 miles of northbound I-95 from Columbia Avenue to just south of Allegheny Avenue. The project is being built in four stages to keep three travel lanes open in each direction during construction, which is scheduled to finish in summer 2018.
PennDOT advises I-95 motorists to allow additional time for travel through the work zone as slowdowns will occur during construction. The contractor’s work schedule is contingent on the weather.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Philadelphia Supergroup ‘In The Pocket’ Sets Up For Saturday Night Concert At Ardmore Music Hall
- City Council Debates Adding Hate Crime Penalties To City Code
- Police Investigate Deadly Hit-And-Run In Salem County
- Residents Displaced After Philadelphia High-Rise Fire
- Police Say They Might Have Spotted Ambush Suspect