PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overnight lane closure is scheduled this week on northbound Interstate 95 between the Girard Avenue and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia for roadwork, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation said.
I-95’s northbound left lane will be closed Monday through Friday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for the installation of steel pins to anchor concrete construction barriers within the construction zone.
This work is part of the $211.7 million project to rebuild and widen 1.5 miles of northbound I-95 from Columbia Avenue to just south of Allegheny Avenue. The project is being built in four stages to keep three travel lanes open in each direction during construction, which is scheduled to finish in summer 2018.
PennDOT advises I-95 motorists to allow additional time for travel through the work zone as slowdowns will occur during construction. The contractor’s work schedule is contingent on the weather.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- NTSB: Pilot Encountered Cold Front Before Crashing Into South Jersey Woods
- List: Most Popular Dog Names Of 2016
- Green Party Asks US Court To Order Pennsylvania Recount
- Social Media Post Prompts PA School District To Cancel Classes
- N.J. Woman Charged After Video Showing Cat Thrown From 3rd Floor