I-95 NB Night Lane Closure Scheduled This Week In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overnight lane closure is scheduled this week on northbound Interstate 95 between the Girard Avenue and Allegheny Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia for roadwork, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation said.
I-95’s northbound left lane will be closed Monday through Friday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for the installation of steel pins to anchor concrete construction barriers within the construction zone.
This work is part of the $211.7 million project to rebuild and widen 1.5 miles of northbound I-95 from Columbia Avenue to just south of Allegheny Avenue. The project is being built in four stages to keep three travel lanes open in each direction during construction, which is scheduled to finish in summer 2018.
PennDOT advises I-95 motorists to allow additional time for travel through the work zone as slowdowns will occur during construction. The contractor’s work schedule is contingent on the weather.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- The Papal Pass Lottery Results Are In
- Two People Shot Outside J. Cole, Big Sean Concert In New Jersey
- Police Cruiser And Taxi Cab Collide In West Philadelphia
- Singers Gather For First Choir Practice For Papal Performance
- Two Sea Lions Born At Six Flag Great Adventure In Ocean County