PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Burned Body Found In Bethlehem
- Police: Boy Riding Mini Bike With Mom’s Boyfriend Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver
- Police: Person Of Interest In Nicetown Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police: Murder-Suicide Under Investigation In Bryn Mawr
- Police Investigating Robbery Spree In South Philly
- Spokesman: George HW Bush Hospitalized With Blood Infection
- South Jersey Twins Paving The Way For Cancer Research
- What Causes A Fire Tornado, Or ‘Firenado,’ To Form?
- ‘Please Help My Wife Find A Kidney’: Woman Using Billboard To Find Donor
- Atlantic City’s Ocean Resort Casino To Feature World’s Largest Topgolf Suite