PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Sub-$2 Gas Prices The Norm In Parts Of Delaware Valley
- Several Killed During Violent Weekend In Philadelphia
- Trump Attacks Muslim Father’s DNC Speech: ‘I’ve Made A Lot Of Sacrifices’
- NJ Attorney General Investigating Police-Involved Shooting
- Boil Water Advisory Lifted In Camden
- Recovering Delco Police Officer Gets A Surprise Gift
- Democratic, Republican Candidates Campaign In Pennsylvania
- Officials Believe No Survivors In Texas Balloon Crash
- May’s Landing Man Sentenced To 13 Years On Attempted Murder Charge
- Powerball $478 Million Jackpot Is Nation’s 8th Largest