PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Security Remains Tight At Philly International Following Terror Attack In Turkey
- Toyota Recalls More Than 1 Million Cars For Defective Air Bags
- Poll: Clinton And Trump Run Neck-And-Neck
- Camden Cab Driver Hospitalized After Stabbing
- Istanbul Terror Attack: 41 Killed; Airport Resumes Flights Amid Blood, Shattered Glass
- Environmental Activist Erin Brockovich Takes Up A Local Cause Over Water Safety
- Google Earth Gets A Huge Upgrade
- AC Mayor Updates Residents On Efforts To Avert State Takeover
- 71 Percent Of Americans Believe Economy Is ‘Rigged’
- Montco Residents Raise Their Concerns Over Water Quality At Information Session