PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- What’s In The Senate ‘Skinny Repeal’ Health Care Bill?
- Rare Summer Nor’Easter To Bring Heavy Rain Friday, Saturday
- Police Looking For ‘Anti-Police’ Vandals
- Deadly Ohio State Fair Accident Raising Safety Concerns
- Police: Man Points Shotgun At Neighbors Following Argument
- Taste With Tori: Portabello’s
- New Jersey Man Accused Of Owing Nearly $88,000 In Tolls, Fees
- Evesham Township Police Warn Of Black Bear In Area
- Police Searching For Man Who Broke Into Mosque, Stole Money From Donation Bins
- Fatal Accident Shuts Down Portion Of Route 130 In Burlington County