PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Research Suggests Dogs Can Sense When We’re Being Mean
- Weather: Warm Stretch To Get Even Warmer As Week Goes On
- Man Arrested, Charged With Attempted Murder After VFW Shooting In South Jersey
- PA Lawmakers Tangle Over Allegations of Election Fraud
- Projections For First Soda Tax Collection
- Preventing Tooth Decay In Children
- Police Say Knife Wielding Man Charged After Cape May County Dollar Store Brawl
- Panama Canal Expansion Leads To Delaware River Cargo Boom
- Blind 12-Year-Old Boy Drafted To Rowan Swim Team
- 90-Year-Old Man Shares Passion For Ice Skating