PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Courts Approve “Divorce” Of Revel And Its Power Provider
- SS United States Conservancy Says It Has Funds To Keep Ship Afloat ‘Well Into Next Year’
- NJ Bar Owners Look To Prevent Drunk Driving This Holiday Season With Uber & HERO Campaign
- Effort To Put Cameras Outside Philadelphia Bars Stalls In City Council
- Stallone Says He Was A “Terrible” Choice For Rocky: ‘I Just Got Lucky’
- Airport, Train Stations Packed With Travelers And Security For Thanksgiving Rush
- Ex-Beauty Queen Charged With 3 More Victims In Cancer Scam
- Police Investigate Indecent Assault On Woman In West Philadelphia
- State Trooper Released From Hospital After Shooting; Teen Charged As Adult
- State Police: Laser Pointed At Army Helicopter In Pennsylvania