PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- On Radio And TV Wednesday Afternoon, It’s A Test — It’s Only A Test
- Kennedy Health Has Been Honored For Their Combat Against Sepsis Infection
- Chris Christie Addresses New Jersey Opioid Abuse And Bridegate… Briefly
- Five-Below Announces Center City Headquarters Move
- It’s A Girl: Philadelphia Zoo Confirms Gender Of New Baby Gorilla
- Historic Park In Fishtown Gets A Half-Million Dollar Public-Private Renovation
- 2 Injured, 1 Critical After Double Shooting In Strawberry Mansion
- PennDOT Announces Plans To Improve Schuylkill Expressway
- Tyson Recalls 130,000 Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets
- Local High School Students Prepare To Get In The Booth