PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Taking Strides For Autism: Thousands Participate In 10th Annual Run-Walk In Sea Isle
- Philadelphia Fire Engine Gets Stuck In Massive Hole On Kensington Street
- Penn State’s THON Raises Over $10 Million In Fight Against Pediatric Cancer: ‘It’s Amazing’
- Police: Shooting Leaves 1 Injured In Bensalem Township
- GameChangers: Ask Lupus, Changing The Game By Raising Awareness
- City Seeks Restaurateurs For Renovated Love Park Welcome Center
- Police: Man Found Dead On Corner In Olney
- New Study Ranks Philly 104th In Diversity
- Philadelphia Celebrates The Chinese New Year
- Report: 66 Dead In Iran Passenger Plane Crash