PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- ‘The Bodyguard: The Musical’ Hits Stage At Academy Of Music
- Push Renewed To Get Phillies Great Dick Allen Into Hall Of Fame
- Declining Enrollment Forces Closure Of Audubon Elementary In Montgomery County
- Ticket Sales Explode For Museum Of The American Revolution
- Woman Warning Others After Spotting Suspicious Item On Her Windshield
- SodaStream Recalls Bottles For Explosion Risk
- Broadway Conductor, Philly Native Leads Masterclass With Choir Students At GAMP
- Bristol Borough Wins $500K In Small Business Revolution Contest
- GoFundMe Set Up To Save Disabled Woman’s New Jersey Home
- New Castle Police Add 3 New Horses To Patrol Unit