PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Educators, Researchers Discuss Ways To Improve Quality And Access To Pre-K Education
- AP Source: Christie Expected To End 2016 White House Bid
- Love Park Ready For Renovation
- Dozens Of Students Report Symptoms Of Stomach Infection At Ursinus College
- Study: Canines Have Their Own Howling Dialect
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Animal Rescue Spread “Puppy Love” Through Social Media
- Owed $170M By Atlantic City, Borgata Skipping $7.2M Tax Payment
- Dunkin’ Donuts Accused Of Taxing Non-Taxable Items
- Camden County High School Coach Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Player
- Some Say Beyoncé’s Halftime Show Was An Attack On Police Officers