PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- A New App That Can Choose The Right Wine For You
- Rare Slice Of Delaware River Waterfront Property On Auction Block
- Push To Ban Controversial “Anti-Gay” Therapy Introduced In Congress
- Celebration Of Black Art Throughout May In Philadelphia
- Adopted Siblings To Race In Wheelchair Division of Broad Street Run
- Work Begins For ‘Great Chefs’ Fundraiser In Philly
- Camden County Middle School Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Student
- Nissan To Recall More Than 3 Million Vehicles Worldwide
- Spring Comes To Life At The Barnes Arboretum For Arbor Day
- Jury Deliberations Begin In North Philly Rape Double Murder Cold Case