PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Movie Review: ‘Keeping Up with the Joneses’
- Sixers, Heat Anthem Singer Kneels, Wears ‘Black Lives Matter’ Shirt While Singing
- Police Investigate Triple Shooting In West Oak Lane
- Donald Trump Rallies In Bucks County
- Does Joe Biden Want To Fight Donald Trump?
- People Cancel Newtown Athletic Club Membership Due To Donald Trump Rally
- Cousins Turn Loss Into Way To Help Others In Philadelphia
- Survey: Biggest Problem Facing Philadelphia Is Public Safety
- Open Space In Chester County Will Remain
- Philadelphia Autism Advocate Pens New Book