PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Senior Citizens Get Advice From Philly Police On How To Avoid Scams
- City Councilman To Compete In Martial Arts Tournament
- How New Facebook Tech Could Change Your Life
- First Phase Of Major Demolition Project In Camden Nears Completion
- Former Philly Prosecutor Is Remembered For His Courtroom Presence
- Police: 2 Men, Teen Blow Up Turtle With Firecrackers In Lancaster County
- Delco Police Have ‘Stern Words’ For Family Of Toddler Found Wandering Near Trolley Tracks
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Info On Shooting Of 8-Year-Old In Camden
- Authorities Bring Down NJ Theft Ring That Targeted People Selling Cars On Craigslist
- 1 Dead In Early Morning Shooting In Kensington