PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Thirty-six residents had to be evacuated from a Center City high-rise early Monday morning after heavy storms caused flooding in the building overnight.
This happened around 2 a.m. on the 1200 block of Walnut Street.
The situation is said to be under control, but as the cleanup continues, residents are not allowed to return because the fire alarm system is not operating.
No injuries were reported as the residents are forced to seek shelter elsewhere.
Walnut Street remains closed between 12th and 13th Streets.
- Solar Energy In PA To Receive Boost From Law Changes
- PA House Begins Debate On Natural Gas Driller Tax
- Camden Poet Gets National Award For His Work In Prose
- North Wales Eagle Scout Achieves Milestone
- Crowds Gather For City Hall Tree Lighting
- Penn’s Landing RiverRink Opens For The Season
- Annual ‘Apple Pie’ Rugby Tournament Held In Honor Of Fallen Friend
- Woman Charged In Crash That Left Franconia Township Worker Dead
- Video Captures Man Taking Donation Jar From Philly Business
- Official: Sale Of Love Park Keepsakes Postponed Due To Copyright Infringement Issue