PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Sixers legend Charles Barkley is offering to pay the funeral expenses of three young siblings who died tragically in a hit and run crash in North Philadelphia.
Fifteen-year-old Keiearra Williams, 10-year-old Joseph Reed and 7-year-old Terrence Moore, were killed on July 25th when a stolen vehicle crashed into them while selling fruit to raise money for their local garden. Their mother, 34-year-old Keisha Williams, was also injured.
“All Philadelphians have been moved to tears by this crime,” said District Attorney Seth Williams.
Williams said former NBA player Philadelphia and 76er Charles Barkley has even reached out and offered to pay for the funeral of the three children.
“I received a telephone call from Sixers legend Charles Barkley,” said Williams. “Like most Philadelphians, many Americans and people across the world, he wanted me to know that he wanted to pay for the funeral for these three children and I put him in touch with the family so he can do that.”
Funeral arrangements for the children are still pending and their mother remains hospitalized in critical condition.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘It Was All Surreal’: Local High School Football Players Still Pinching Themselves Being On Draft Stage For Eagles’ Pick
- Singer Sara Bareilles Praises Elementary School Raising Money To Battle Cancer
- Fallen Trooper’s Wife: ‘He Wanted To Be Governor One Day’
- Crawling Newest Fitness Fad At Gyms Across Country
- Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Service Restored After Being Suspended Due To Amtrak Power Problems