HAZMAT Situation At Recycling Plant In Northampton Sends 5 To Hospital
NORTHAMPTON, Pa. (CBS) – Five people were hospitalized after a HAZMAT situation Monday in Northampton, Pennsylvania.
The initial report of a possible HAZMAT came in just after 11 a.m.
Twenty to 30 emergency apparatuses responded to Greenstar Recycling in the 700 block of Smith Lane.
Five people have taken to local hospitals after they were apparently exposed to some type of chemical. Everyone was treated and released.
What caused the problem is not yet known.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Phila. Hospitals Making Plans For Staff Who Can’t Go Home During Papal Visit
- Pre-K Counts And Head Start Providers Feeling Squeeze Of PA Budget Stalemate
- Talking Francis: A Pope’s Spontaneous, Personal, Controversial Communication
- Authorities: 3 Pedestrians Struck In Lakewood
- Police: Pedestrian Fatally Struck In Galloway Township