HAZMAT Situation At Recycling Plant In Northampton Sends 5 To Hospital
NORTHAMPTON, Pa. (CBS) – Five people were hospitalized after a HAZMAT situation Monday in Northampton, Pennsylvania.
The initial report of a possible HAZMAT came in just after 11 a.m.
Twenty to 30 emergency apparatuses responded to Greenstar Recycling in the 700 block of Smith Lane.
Five people have taken to local hospitals after they were apparently exposed to some type of chemical. Everyone was treated and released.
What caused the problem is not yet known.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Central Bucks West Football Season Canceled Amid Hazing Allegations
- Gov. Christie Defends Comments On Minimum Wage
- Several Schools, Business Placed On Lock-out After Gunfire Erupts In Camden County
- In Bucks County, Congressional Candidates Square Off Over Broad Array of Topics
- Philadelphia Attorneys’ Group Warns Homeowners of Pitfalls of ‘Tangled Titles’