HAZMAT Situation At Recycling Plant In Northampton Sends 5 To Hospital
NORTHAMPTON, Pa. (CBS) – Five people were hospitalized after a HAZMAT situation Monday in Northampton, Pennsylvania.
The initial report of a possible HAZMAT came in just after 11 a.m.
Twenty to 30 emergency apparatuses responded to Greenstar Recycling in the 700 block of Smith Lane.
Five people have taken to local hospitals after they were apparently exposed to some type of chemical. Everyone was treated and released.
What caused the problem is not yet known.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Montco DA Says She’ll Move Carefully on Grand Jury Leak Charges Against Kathleen Kane
- Officials ID 2 Victims Of Deadly Plane Crash In Chester County
- Cops: Man Hid In Evesham Church, Stole Gift Cards, Cash
- Feeling Lucky? Cash 5 Ticket Worth $600K Sold In Montgomery County
- Weather: Ushering In A New Month With Slowly Rising Temperatures