Community Holds Vigil To Honor Victims Of Fatal Delco Double Shooting
By Dan Wing
RIDLEY TWP., PA (CBS) – A community in mourning held a vigil Sunday evening for a woman and her son who were shot Saturday in Crum Lynne, Delaware County.
Police say the boy’s father pulled the trigger, but why remains un-answered. The young boy was killed and the mother is in critical condition. Neighbors gathered to help each other through the tragedy — one that Mary believes will be felt for a while:
“After shocks are yet to come, you know. It’s like an earthquake.”
Approaching the scene where five-year old Cion Styles was shot and killed, the silence among the group of neighbors gathered was deafening. Exchanging hugs and embraces as they came and went, some offered up prayers, while others lit candles and dropped off teddy bears, flowers and a basketball with the letters “RIP” written on it.
Ebony Smith organized the vigil and says she saw everything after hearing the gunshots Saturday:
“It had to be at least 25 little ones there. It could’ve been worse, but it wasn’t. Sorry that we lost this little one here, but it could’ve been a lot worse.”
Smith says she didn’t know the young victim or his mother, who remains hospitalized. Still, she says, the community is trying to help in any way possible:
“We want to show them that we do care, and we support them, and we’ve got them in our prayers. That’s all we can do.”
Authorities say 26-year old Tyrell Styles led them on a brief chase after shooting his son and the boy’s mother, then turned the gun on himself.
- Police: 1 Dead After Shooting On South Street In Philadelphia
- DA Reviews Inappropriate Email Situation; Orders Sensitivity Training For Employees
- Nissan Recalls 300,000 Vehicles To Adjust Console Panel
- Officials Looking Into Dog’s Death In Chester County
- New Jersey State Police Adding 200 Patrols For Labor Day Weekend
- Workers Accused Of Alleged Day Care ‘Fight Club’ Plead Not Guilty
- World Reacts To Photo Of Syrian Child
- Officials Release Ticket Information For Pope Francis’ Address At Independence Mall
- Crews Respond To Accident In Tinicum Township
- Labor Day Weekend Kicks Off At The Jersey Shore