Authorities: South Jersey Mom Drove Drunk With Son In Pickup Truck
VINELAND, N.J. (AP) — A southern New Jersey mom faces numerous charges after she allegedly drove drunk with her young son in the car and tried to elude police following a hit-and-run accident.
Vineland police say 43-year-old Tina Orange of Newfield had to be removed from her vehicle when the pursuit finally ended.
The chase began late Friday afternoon, following a two-car crash. Authorities say Orange drove off, but police soon located the vehicle and tried to stop it.
A pursuit then continued as Orange allegedly drove recklessly for several blocks before finally stopping. Authorities say that neither Orange nor her 10-year-old son were injured, but the boy was very frightened.
Orange was charged with eluding, child endangerment and several motor vehicle citations. It wasn’t known Monday if she had retained a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 5 Years And $2 Billion Later, NJ Turnpike Expansion Is Finished
- Malala Yousafzai Receives The 2014 Liberty Medal In Philadelphia
- Driver Hospitalized After Vehicle Slams Into Building In Center City
- Sayreville Board Of Education Votes To Suspend High School Football Coaches
- TV Show Creator Speaks To Students At Drexel University