VINELAND, N.J. (AP) — A southern New Jersey mom faces numerous charges after she allegedly drove drunk with her young son in the car and tried to elude police following a hit-and-run accident.
Vineland police say 43-year-old Tina Orange of Newfield had to be removed from her vehicle when the pursuit finally ended.
The chase began late Friday afternoon, following a two-car crash. Authorities say Orange drove off, but police soon located the vehicle and tried to stop it.
A pursuit then continued as Orange allegedly drove recklessly for several blocks before finally stopping. Authorities say that neither Orange nor her 10-year-old son were injured, but the boy was very frightened.
Orange was charged with eluding, child endangerment and several motor vehicle citations. It wasn’t known Monday if she had retained a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Little Girl Has Tea Party With Officer Who Saved Her Life
- Social Media Reacts To DNC, Calls Tim Kaine A ‘Corny Dad’
- SEPTA Evening Commuters In Center City Will See Change In Fare Collection
- Philly Restaurants Say DNC Was A Bust For Business
- Big Difference In Arrest Numbers Comparing 2016 DNC To 2000 RNC In Philadelphia