By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The manhunt continues for the pair responsible for the deaths of three children who were run down Friday in the city’s Tioga section by a carjacked SUV. Their mother remains in critical condition, while the condition of the woman whose car was stolen is listed as fair.
The shrine continues to grow on the grassy lot at Germantown and Allegheny where the children died. Candles, balloons, stuffed animals — including a large Elmo doll — are neatly arranged facing the intersection. Jim Cruz, who lives a few blocks away, says he felt compelled to stop by.
“Pay my respects, you know, say a little prayer, and thank God that I’m still living. It could’ve happened to anybody,” he says.
Charles Miller, who was visiting from Baltimore, offered a prayer for the family.
“I was blessed to have eight children and to lose three of them at one time…” he says.
Miller, a former pastor, trailed off as he struggled to make sense of the tragedy.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Carson Puts Philly’s Wentz Street On The Map
- Bruce Springsteen Signs Absent Letter For Philly Student Who Skipped To Meet Him
- Philadelphia Orchestra Declines To Perform Due To Strike As Theater Fills On Opening Night
- Popular Philadelphia Gay Bar Owner Under Fire For Racist Remarks
- Camden County Embracing Ability For People To Text 911 During Emergencies